Chapter 7

Rumi's POV

Hawks punched Izanagi in the face so hard that Izanagi went flying. I was shocked. Izanagi probably hit a nerve or something. I wasn't exactly surprised though. I just kept on sipping my coffee.

Hawks walked over to Izanagi, grabbed him by the collar, and said, "Now listen here you damn Tiger. Don't ever call me that name again, understood?" 

"Hawks, don't let personal issues get in the way of this assignment," I added, nonchalantly.

Hawks looked at me, and then sighed, before dropping Izanagi, who was clearly scared for his life.

"I'm sorry, Izanagi. I... I just really hate that name. So please don't ever call me that again." Hawks stammered, gritting his teeth.

Wow, maybe Izanagi really did hit a nerve. But... it's just a name. And it sounds nice too. I didn't get why he didn't want us to call him that, but I didn't question it. I set my mug down, getting a bit annoyed.

"Can... we get back to business?" I asked as both of them turned to look at me.

"I-I need some time alone right now," Izanagi mumbled, standing up, looking like he was on the verge of tears. He ran back upstairs to his room. 

I rolled my eyes. Why was he acting like such a baby? And here I thought he was a pro-hero. Wait, now that Izanagi is gone, maybe I can use the opportunity to talk to Hawks. I mean... I kind of owe him an apology after slamming the door last night. Jeez, what's going on with me?

"Hey Hawks..." I mumbled, just as he was about to leave the kitchen.

"Yeah?" He asked, turning around to look at me. 

"Can we... talk?" I questioned, clenching my fists.

God, when was the last time I asked someone to talk? I was probably sounding so weak right now.

"Sure." He replied, about to sit next to me.

"No," I said before he could take a seat, "somewhere else. I don't want... you know who listening." 

He smiled, and added, "Of course. I have a good spot we can go to. It's not too far from here. Come on!"

A slight smile appeared across my face as I said, "Alright." 

Author's Note:

Okay, first and foremost, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE VOTES AND VIEWS. It really means a lot to me, considering I'm new to all this fanfiction stuff. I am so sorry I haven't published in a while, and that is due to the fact that I have school, I go on vacations, and much more other personal things. Thank you so much for being so patient and I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. I promise the next one will have a surprise in it (wink wink). I'll try my best to upload more frequently from now on. See ya!