Ch. 34 Bad Feeling

Start from the beginning

A few minutes later the car was moving again the screeching sound of a gate opening could be heard. When they reached their destination the same creepy man harshly yanked Korianna from the car causing her to stumble.

"Damn, you don't see the baby in her arms?!" the driver yelled quickly rushing over to help her up.

"Man shut the fuck up she'll be aight this exactly why I didn't want yo soft ass to come!" he spat.

As the two men argued Melissa and Kori took in their surroundings there were no nearby homes or buildings just an enormous ranch style home and open land.

"Y'all can go I got it from here" a familiar voice spoke interrupting the two men and they did just that pulling off 2 minutes later.

She took a hesitant step back when he came into view, her eyes never leaving his. Questions raced through her mind. Why was he coming towards her like this? What did he want? The air around them grew thick with tension, and she felt a knot forming in the pit of her stomach.

Finally stopping in front of her, his expression unreadable. The silence between them was deafening.  She searched his eyes for answers, but they remained elusive.

"Adrian, what's going on?" she stammered, her voice barely audible. The words hung in the air, awaiting a response that could either dispel her fears or confirm the worst.

Meanwhile...

Khalil wiped the sweat from his brow, a mixture of grease and grime clinging to his hands. The rhythmic clang of metal echoed through the autobody shop as he worked diligently on a car chassis, his focus momentarily diverted from the nagging feeling that gnawed at the back of his mind.

The smell of burnt rubber, tar, and oil would overwhelm the average person consumed the autobody shop but Khalil loved it. He enjoyed staying busy and was rather good with his hands. All the moving bodies, car parts, and never-ending customers made his days fly by. Unlike most convicted felons, he was lucky enough to have an open position waiting for him perks of being related to the owner.

Yet, despite the distractions, Khalil couldn't ignore the persistent knot in his stomach. He paused for a moment, taking in the surroundings, trying to identify the source of his discomfort. The shop's hustle and flow continued around him, but Khalil couldn't escape the sense that there was more to this day than met the eye.

"Lil, Lex ain't back yet you think you can sign something for 'em?" Chino one of the longtime mechanics asked.

Removing his rust-stained gloves, he walked towards the shops entrance to meet the delivery guy.

"Hi, you can sign next to the X" a light voice called out he was expecting a delivery man but the woman who stood before him was a nice surprise. Her body filled out the USPS uniform just right it seemed like every curve was on display.

Absentmindedly licking his lips, he slowly signed his uncle's initials not wanting the beautiful woman to leave.

"Uh I know this is kinda unprofessional but... could I maybe have your number?"

She raised an eyebrow, her expression a mix of surprise and amusement. "Cute, but I don't think that's in the job description," she replied, a playful smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"damn I probably look and smell like shit" he thought to himself

"857-.."

The shock on his face made her giggle he wasn't insecure but he assumed he blew his chance.. Quickly grabbing his iPhone he handed it to her and while she handed hers to him.

"Aight Leah lock me in. I'd love to take you out sometime" Khalil said, trying to mask his excitement.

"And I'd love to let you take me out, Khalil. Later..." Leah's words hung in the air as she disappeared, leaving Khalil with a grin that seemed almost permanent. He couldn't peel his eyes away watching her drive off in the red, white and blue truck.

The sound of slow clapping forced him to look away Khalil turned around, meeting the grinning faces of his uncle Lex and Chino, who seemed to have witnessed the entire exchange.

"Ok nephew what y'all kids say? shoot ya shot" Uncle Lex teased, clapping him on the shoulder. Chino joined in with a hearty laugh, clearly enjoying Khalil's unexpected triumph.

Shaking his head and heading towards the back he realized something
"Y'all set me up huh?"

"Hell, yeah we were starting to think you swung the other way no problem if you did but get ya dick wet kid" Chino laughed.

Uncle Lex tried to stifle his laugh "Chinos right you working 6 outta 7 days isn't good. You're still young you already lost 3 years to a cell date, travel, have fun" 

Khalil knew his uncle and Chino were right but his tunnel vision was at an all time high. He had a game plan that didn't leave room for dating, traveling, and fun.

But for Leah he might make an exception.

Unable to shake his uneasiness he shot a quick text to the group chat with his siblings before getting back to work.

A/N: Please excuse any mistakes this is unedited  ❤️

Well, well, well Adrian huh? 😨