I tried to cast my mind back further then my odd dream and realised they was speaking about the interaction me and Charles had in the garage yesterday. I dropped my eyes into slits.

"What about it?"

Leigh sighed visibly stressed as she rubbed her temples, before gently swatting me against the arm.

"You know what I mean Luce"

"First off ow" I said as I rubbed my sore forearm "and secondly nothing happened we just spoke about Devine and a bit about his life outside of the track"

Jesy sniggered next to me causing my attention to quickly flick to her, she placed her phone down and stared out the window away from me.

"What?" I pushed.

"No nothing it's just" she turned to me with a look I hadn't seen before.

"It's just what?"

"For someone you barely know you seem to like him an awful lot"

A laugh quickly escaped my throat which I tried to hide with the back of my hand. I could feel the heat rising up neck and I had no idea why.

"No I don't, I hardly know him"

"You clearly know him enough to moan his name in you're sleep"

Instantly my blood went cold and the heat id felt before had been washed. Leigh and Jade instantly threw themselves against the back seats, a look of horror written on their faces. Jesy chuckled away in the corner clearly amused by herself.

"What. The. Fuck" Leigh's eyes bored into me harder as she gasped from pure shock.

"A dream is just a dream" I insisted suddenly feeling myself becoming defensive. "I can't control them can I"

"No that's correct but dreams always have meanings" Leigh insisted behind me.

"I'm not having this conversation anymore" I crossed my arms over my upper body and peered out the window, trying to drown out the background noise.

Once we walked into the paddocks a sense of calmness loomed over me, the noise of the engineers practicing their pit stops, the distance thumping of music and the cheers and buzz around the stands all contributed to that feeling. It was amazing how one place I hadn't spent that much time in was suddenly becoming a safe space for me. A mind clearer and a mood lifter.

I casually strolled into the number 16 garage unaware the girls weren't following me. But it didn't matter I was sick of them for a few hours anyway. Charles was in the corner with his back to me, his headphone wires hung low around his torso as he seemed busy with what was in front of him. I gently placed my hand against his shoulder and peered over, it looked like he was watching formula 2. His brother. I remembered.

"Hey" I said gently as he peered upwards flashing a smile when he realised it was me.

"Lucinda it's nice to see you again!" He grasped the wires from his ear and pulled them out setting aside his phone, but propping it up against his water bottle so he could carry on watching.

I placed myself on the seat in front of him, when I finally made eye contact with him my body shuddered. He no longer looked the same to me, my mind started racing with thoughts and the thick layer of sweat I woke up suddenly appeared again. Why was I getting so nervous, it's not like he had the same dream. It's not like I even like him in that way.