Chapter 31-35

The sun was setting, and the greetings of the villagers returning home could be heard outside the window, and the voices were getting louder and quieter.

  Xu Ziang suddenly came to his senses and stepped back as if he had been stabbed. Unexpectedly, he moved too fast and accidentally knocked over the chair behind him, making a loud noise.

  Li Yingchi was awakened by this action. He opened his eyes in confusion and saw Xu Ziang. He was a little confused: "Brother Ziang... what are you doing here?"

  Xu Ziang retracted his hand awkwardly and explained: "I came to deliver food to you, but you didn't answer. I thought something had happened, so I came in to take a look."

  "oh."

  Li Yingchi stood up and looked down at the basket of vegetables.

  When he saw it was all green vegetables, with no minced meat in sight, he curled his lips and said, "Why are these vegetables again?"

  Xu Ziang never met Li Yingchi when delivering food in the past, so this was the first time Li Yingchi complained in front of Xu Ziang.

  Xu Ziang was stunned for a moment and said hurriedly: "Don't you like these? Just tell me what you want to eat and I will bring it to you next time."

  Seeing that Xu Ziang was so talkative, Li Yingchi raised her eyelashes and glanced at him, "I haven't eaten meat for a long time."

  "Brother Zi Ang."

  His tone was soft, and he always said nice things when asking for help. "I heard that you are good at hunting. Can you bring me some game next time? I don't need a lot, just a little."

  Xu Ziang knew that he could not refuse.

  The roots of his ears were so red that they were almost bleeding. After a while, he said:

  "good."

  After saying this, he ran away.

  Only the still shaking wooden door and the vegetable basket placed beside the bed proved his recent arrival.

  Looking at Xu Ziang's leaving figure, Li Yingchi covered his lips and yawned lazily.

  "Why are you running so fast? I just want to eat meat, not him."

  -

  The men who returned home from work gathered together in groups and chatted, talking about the rice harvest in the fields and the puppies born by the local dogs at home.

  The content was trivial and boundless. Bai Yunchuan followed and listened quietly without answering.

  "Hey, isn't this the boy from the Xu family, here to deliver something again?"

  Someone with sharp eyes saw Xu Ziang walking in a hurry on the other side of the road and called out.

  Bai Yunchuan followed everyone's gaze and looked away when he saw Xu Ziang's rough and red face. He looked away calmly for only a second.

  Xu Ziang nodded nervously, obviously not wanting to talk any more.

  The man asked again: "Why is your face so red?"

  "...The sun is too hot and it's so hot."

  After leaving behind a cover-up explanation, Xu Ziang fled as if he was running away, and in a blink of an eye, only his back was left.

  The villagers raised their heads and looked at the remaining red streak on the horizon, wondering: "It's still hot even after the sun goes down?"

  Someone answered with a smile: "I'm afraid you're not angry. If I encountered such a dragster, I would probably be very annoyed."