Chapter 26-30

"My father admires you very much. I heard that in a few days you will set off for the border. The young general's wish can finally come true."

  Then, Lin Qiyun suddenly approached Zhou Hongyan's ear and said at a volume that only the two of them could hear: "Finally, get away from the young prince."

  After finishing speaking, Lin Qiyun took a step back, patted Zhou Hongyan on the shoulder, and smiled proudly: "No need to thank you, I believe the major general will... cough."

  The words were interrupted again. This time, Zhou Hongyan strangled Lin Qiyun's neck.

  In an instant, several secret guards appeared on the eaves.

  The person holding the sword holds the sword, and the person holding the crossbow draws the bow. The places where the light passes over show an unnatural dark purple color, which are all highly poisonous things.

  The secret guards were ready to attack, waiting for Lin Qiyun's order to take Zhou Hongyan's life.

  Zhou Hongyan noticed them the moment they appeared. He was quite afraid, but he still held Lin Qiyun's hand hard.

  "Major General, what are you doing?" Lin Qiyun held Zhou Hongyan's hand with his backhand, pulled it away with force, then stretched out his hand to signal the secret guard to retreat, and then the secret guard disappeared.

  Zhou Hongyan stared at Lin Qiyun tightly, almost gritting his teeth, "Why do you..."

  If the war was really imminent, he should have led the troops to charge, then he would have no complaints. But as the year draws to a close, nothing happens at the border, and even if troops are sent, they are only on rotation to guard it.

  Lin Qiyun's words in front of the emperor meant that he was going to be sent to the border. If he goes, he will probably not be able to return to Yandu until after the new year.

  His young prince stayed in Yandu, staying with Lin Qiyun... How could he feel relieved.

  Zhou Hongyan clenched his fists tightly, veins popping out, "What on earth do you have in mind?"

  "What are you talking about?" Lin Qiyun chuckled, took a step back and sat down, rubbing his red-stained neck, "Didn't the young general beg to go? Why is he so weird now? I'm here."

  "Young General, do you dare to do it or not?"

  At first?

  Zhou Hongyan was stunned when he heard this.

  When he first entered Prince Shun's palace, he was completely dissatisfied with the young prince. As soon as he learned that he had the opportunity to leave Yandu, he couldn't wait to return to the palace and asked the general to let him go.

  Later, he was rejected by the general.

  But at that time, he no longer cared whether he could leave the palace or not. He realized what he wanted.

  He still remembered that after being rejected by the general that day, he went to the restaurant to find the young prince, and Lin Qiyun happened to be there.

  That was not a coincidence at all. Zhou Hongyan finally understood that Lin Qiyun had been secretly investigating their whereabouts all along.

  Lin Qiyun looked at Zhou Hongyan's stunned look, and finally couldn't help lowering his head and laughing. The smile got bigger and bigger. In the end, he almost fell on the chair laughing.

  On the side, Li Yingchi heard a little confused.

  He couldn't see the expressions of the two of them, nor Zhou Hongyan's movements, nor did he notice that there were secret guards dispatched. The surging undercurrent of the atmosphere did not affect him at all.