EP4

.....

It was already afternoon, and it would probably get dark soon. I was watching sitting on tire next to Carl who was learning to tie a knot with Shane and Lori was collecting clothes. Sophia was with her mother and father. Jim was helping Dale with the trailer hose and Amy was pacing worriedly.

- This afternoon. They should have been back by now – Amu says and continues to walk back and forth and I look at her.

- There's no point in worrying. – 1dale says.

- They'll be right Amy. There's no need to worry – I speak and go to her, who remains silent.

- Hello, base camp? Is anyone listening? – T-Dog speaks on the radio, I go closer to the trailer and Dale climbs on top of the car to talk to them. – Base camp, this is T-Dog. Anyone listening?

- Hello? The reception is very bad. Repeat – Dale speaks.

T-Dog says something but we can't heart it.

- Are they? – Lori asks and Dale signals for her to wait.

- We're trapped in the department store. – T-Dog says and I despair. What do you mean they are trapped? Are they okay?

- Did he say they're under arrest? – Shane asks as he scartches his hair showing that he's nervous.

- Zombies are everywhere. Hundreds. We are surrounded. T-Dog says and I et even more worried.

- T-Dog, repeat what you said. Repeat. – Dale speaks but the only thing we hear is a hiss and then silence.

- He said "department store". – Lori speaks.

- I heard it too – Dale says

- Shane? – Lori calls him to see if we go after them.

- No way! We're not going after them. We won't risk the rest of the group, everyone knows that. – Shane says and I frown.

- So, are we just going to leave them there? – Amy says

- Look, Amy. I know this isn't easy – Shane says and approaches Amy.

- She offered to go. To help rest of us. – Amy says.

- I know. She knew the risks, didn't she? Look, she's trapped. She's gone – Shane says and I feel like calling him every possible name – We have to deal with this. We can't do anything.

- She's my sister, you son of a bitch! – Amy says and runs away. Shane looks at Lori as if telling her to go after her and so she does.

- I would like to see you say the same thing if was someone important to you – I say to Shane, who looks at me, but doesn't say anything. I get out and head towards my tent.

What if my friends are gone?

.......

It's been 2 hours since T-Dog spoke to us on the radio and they still haven't come back. I came out of the tent just now and I'm sitting there looking into space while thinking. I tried to convince myself that they were okay. Lori cut Carl's hair and Shane worked o his gun.

A blaring car alarm echoed across the mountain and Amy stood up and I followed her, looking at the mountain while trying to see what it was.

- Dale, can you see what it is? – Jim shouts and Dale grabs the binoculars.

- Talk to me, Dale – Shane says

- I don't know yet. – Dale responds

- Let me take a look – Jim says.