My Little Doe - Hobie Brown x Fem!Reader

The door shut behind you with a SLAM as you practically ran out of Miguel's office, leaving him behind to yell at the wall rather than you. He'd been in a "bad mood" this past week and it seemed as though he needed an outlet. That outlet ended up being the first person he could see, which, of course, ended up being you.

So you'd accidentally dropped one of his gadgets earlier. It didn't break or anything, so why was he so angry? Why did he-why did everyone have to take everything out on you?

You tried your hardest not to cry as you shoved your way into one of the many cramped closets littering HQ and closed the door behind you. You sat down, curling up against the wall of the dark, tight room as you panted, slowly letting the tears stream down your face.

Your sobs were just barely muffed by your knees as you cried, harder than you'd cried in a long time, making it seem as though by the time you were done, there'd be a large puddle of your own tears beneath you.

But then, the noise just barely hidden by your loud, raspy exhales, you heard three soft knocks. You quieted yourself, not even bothering to lift your head.

"Darling? You in here?"

Hobie.

You must've ran past him on your way here without even noticing. You stayed silent, hoping he'd just leave you alone. You didn't want him to see you like this.

"Come on dove, just let me in." He knocked again, refusing to take no for an answer as the handle of the door jiggled.

You simply curled yourself up even tighter. He wouldn't be able to get through the lock, would he? At least, he wouldn't try that hard...right?

But to your dismay, not even a brass lock would be able to stop Hobie Brown from coming in to comfort his girl.

The door swung open and he stood there, a shocked look on his face. When he saw you sitting there on the ground, all bundled up like a child, his expression softened and he frowned.

"Hey, you" he said gently, crouching down in front of you, long arms reaching out towards you to pull you into a hug. "What happened?"

You didn't look at him as he pulled you into his arms, kissing the top of your head with a bittersweet smile and rubbing your back. He stayed silent for another moment before sighing.

"You don't want to talk? Alright. That's okay. I'll just stay here with you, baby." He whispered, nuzzling his nose into your hair and holding you tight.

"he yelled at me." You sniffled quietly after a beat. Hobie's expression perked up when he heard your voice and he smiled softly into your hair. "He yelled at you?" He asked gently.

"Mhmm." you nodded, wiping at your wet, teary eyes before burying your face in his chest. He chuckled softly in response, pulling off his vest and wrapping it around you to hold you even closer, hands settling on your back. "That bastard." He muttered, lips grazing the top of your forehead. "You want me to go piss him off?"

"No." You sniffled again, shaking your head. "He'll just be more mad." You felt the tears welling up in your eyes again and hid your face in his neck, shivering slightly as you began to cry.

"Aww, dove..." He looked as though he might start crying himself as he snuggled you, kicking the door closed with his foot so that the two of you could be in total privacy. "What's going on with you? You don't usually get this worked up over him.

"I don't know." You sobbed, pulling back slightly. He immediately held you tighter, forcing your head back onto his neck. "No, no, it's okay, keep crying. It's okay."

You relaxed against him, letting the tears just fall out as you tried to calm yourself. "Shhh. You're doing good, baby, keeping crying. Let it all out." He cooed, pulling you into his lap and rocking you gently.

As you slowly began to calm down, he cupped your face in his hands, looking into your tear-stained face for the first time. "My poor peng" he cooed again, kissing your forehead and holding you against his chest.

"I'm just so tired of being yelled at, 'Bie." You whispered, closing your eyes again as you wrapped your arms around his waist, hugging him tightly.

"I know, baby, I know" He said gently, laying back against the wall so he could prop you up against him. "Next time he yells at you, you come to me, right? I'll take care of him."

"Okay" you said, mustering up a smile for him as you wiped your wet face again. At seeing this, his expression immediately lit up and he kissed you, holding you close. "Cuz no one yells at my dove. No one." He said again, kissing all over your face, cleaning your face of your tears before nuzzling your neck. "Especially not that dictator wanker."

You giggled, closing your eyes and pulling his warm vest around yourself a little tighter as he held you, rocking you like a baby, back and forth, side to side, whispering in your ear about how much he loves you.

"I love youuu" He teased, "I love you my little doe"

"Doe? You mean dove?" You asked, looking up at him curiously. At this, he just laughed harder, holding your face in his hands. "You know, a doe, a baby deer. You look like a doe with those big, gorgeous eyes of yours"

You shook your head, laughing as he kissed your nose, just barely pressing his lips against the tip before hugging you again.

"My lovely little doe. I'm not gonna let anyone yell at you again, alright?"

"I love you, 'Bie."

He grinned a shit-eating grin, knowing that he'd finally succeeded at cheering you up. "I love you too, darling. More than you'd ever know."