Sorry, Dove; Hobie Brown x Fem!Reader

Disclaimer; You and Hobie are young in this, around 14 to 15 years old <3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CREAK

You looked up from your bed as you heard the window open slightly, letting in a draft of cold air. Quickly throwing the cover off, you crawled to the foot of your bed where the window was situated, tilting your head to the side slightly with a smile. Peering in through the window, was the unmasked face of your best friend, Hobie Brown.

"What are you doing here? It's past midnight!" You exclaimed, hugging your knees to your chest as you watched him pull himself into your room, hitting his head on the top of the window in the process. "Ow!" He let out a groan before he put his hands on his hips, looking down at you. "Happy Birthday, dove. Looks like I'm the first person to wish you" He asked with a smile. "Did you really think I was going to leave you alone on your special day?"

"Hobie, if I get caught this time..."

"You won't." he extended his hand out towards you, a confident grin on his face. "Come on, you trust me, right?"

You looked up at him, biting the inside of your cheek. "But what about the curfew?" Ever since Spider-man had showed up, only a few months ago, President Osborne had implemented a curfew of 10 pm, stating that anyone who left their homes after that time period would be severely punished. But then of course, Hobie had never been much of a rule-follower.

"Since when have I ever followed that stupid curfew?" He asked with a lopsided smile, reaching his hand out to you a little further to coax you into taking it. "Come on, I've got something amazing planned."

You hesitated for a moment before taking his hand with a sigh. "Fine." You muttered, letting him pull you off the bed and open the window a little further. "Just trust me, dove, we'll be fine." he gave you a gentle smile before pulling himself out the window. You stuck your head outside, waiting for him to balance himself before pulling yourself out as well, his hand holding your waist to keep you from falling.

He used his hands to stick to the wall and held you to his chest. "Shit, I forgot the mask. Can you put it on for me?" He asked tentatively, leaning back slightly to look at you. He nodded towards his pocket and you reached inside, grabbing the mask and gently pulling it over his head while he kept his arms firmly wrapped around you.

"Ready?" You smiled in response, putting your arms around his neck and holding on tight while he secured you to him with a web, tying it tightly before he leaped off the side of the building. "Where exactly are we going?" You asked, closing your eyes as he sped up, swinging through the dark, empty city. "You'll find out."

The two of you stayed in the shadows of the sky, careful not to let any of the soldiers patrolling the streets see you. They were all armed with their guns, and Hobie knew that if they caught even a glimpse of him, they'd shoot without a second thought.

It only took a few minutes before you arrived to your destination, a tall building with clouds surrounding the edges, making the height seem even more intimidating. You timidly stepped down from him, the elevation making it slightly hard to breathe. "Uh...Hobes? What is this place?"

"Shhh, just trust me." He repeated, taking your arm and leading you towards the edge. He pulled off his mask and took a deep breath before he gestured out into the distance. It took your eyes a moment to adjust to the night, but once you did...you expression morphed to one of pure awe.