Prick - Hobie Brown x Fem!Reader

It'd been a very, very long day.

So of course, you'd been looking forward to coming home and rewinding, playing some gentle music and practicing your positions. You found the repetition calming, counting through each step in your head to stay on beat.

"One, two, three, four, five and turn, one two, three, four, five and turn, one two..." you mumbled under your breath quietly, as you watched yourself in the mirror, scrutinizing each move, each step, as you inched yourself closer and closer to perfection.

You were all alone, the lights were dimmed and the only noise you could hear was the soft music playing and your quiet, deep breaths, held tightly in your diaphragm as you kept your back up straight and tight, slowly turning with grace and poise.

CRASH

You nearly stumbled back at the sudden noise, eyes shooting up towards the door and narrowing when you realized who it must've been. That familiar accent could be heard through the walls, loud and cocky as ever.

"Hobie Brown." You grumbled under your breath, grabbing your sweater and pulling it over your head to cover your ballet attire before walking towards the door.

The sweet-voiced, yet sadistic punk that lived next door never failed to get on your nerves. Him and his band were almost always blasting your eardrums with their wretched playing and loud voices. You had to admit, their music was fairly good, but you definitely did not want to hear it at the moment.

"Hobie Brown!"

The lanky man, draped across a battered couch, looked over his shoulder at you as you stood at the entrance of his garage door, fingers still playing with the strums of the guitar in his hand. "Well if it isn't my favorite lass! What're you doin' here dove?" He laughed, tilting his head back and waggling his eyebrows at you.

"I thought we had an agreement! You get from 3:00 to 6:00 and I get peace and quiet from 6:00 to 9:00." You said annoyedly, folding your arms over your chest as you glared at the other members of his band.

He sighed, shaking his head before slowly sitting up from the couch, sleepy eyes fixated on you. "What time is it?"

"It's 7:45." You hissed.

He smiled. "Might be a bit late for you then, aye? Maybe you should go to bed, dove, you look cranky." He teased. You scowled in response and his eyes widened slightly. "I'm just messing with ya, love, no need to get all pouty." he chuckled.

"God you're suck a prick!" You said angrily, eyes narrowed at him. "Is it impossible for you to play a little more quietly? Or play at someone else's home for once?" You asked, gesturing at his silent bandmates who were all awkwardly trying to ignore the two of you.

"I could..." He admitted, cocking his head to the side and shoving his hands into his pockets as he began to approach you. "But then I wouldn't get the chance to see you. You see, I quite enjoy these little squabbles." He said, leaning down slightly to meet your eyes.

You felt your face heat up slightly and immediately cleared your throat aggressively, leaning away from him. He continued to lean forward, hands clasped behind his back as he grinned mischievously at you. "What? Does this make you uncomfortable?"

"Oh shut up." you muttered, taking a step back and glaring up at him. "Just play quieter." You turned away from him as quickly as you could before you headed back towards the door.

Suddenly, you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder and you shot your head back to see him raising an eyebrow at you. "You forgot the magic word."

"The magic word?" You asked confusedly.

"You know...the magic word." He grinned stupidly, folding his arms over his chest. "Maybe if you say it, I'll turn the volume down, dove."

"Oh piss off-"

"Ah, wrong word" He said, wagging a finger in your face as you attempted to leave again. "Come on, just say it once and we'll leave you alone" he winked.

You sighed, staring up at him with your hands on your hips. "Please." you mumbled.

"What was that?" He asked, leaning in with a hand cupping his ear, smiling widely.

"Please?" You asked a little louder.

"Please what?"

"Hobie, come on-"

"Please what?"

You groaned, tapping your foot on the floor. "Can you turn the volume down, please?" You asked, biting the inside of your cheek in frustration.

He chuckled deeply, standing up straight and looking down at you. "For you? Anything, dove." And with that, he took a step back, bowing you out as you practically ran out of the room in embarrassment, scrambling back to your garage and closing the door with a loud, exasperated groan.

"Cocky prick." You muttered, pulling your sweatshirt off roughly and tossing it on the floor next to your ballet bag. You noticed that the volume had decreased significantly, and although welcomed, it wasn't doing anything to help hide your flushed expression.

His taunts were infuriating and that stupid smile sent chills up your spine. Oh what you would give to wipe that smirk off his face.

But then of course, you quite liked his smirk. More than you'd ever truly admit. It was too bad you'd never tell him...at least, not yet.