"Well, if you're that powerful witch, princess, where the hell have you been this whole time? We could've used your help." Damon's question was one of curiosity rather than offense. He resumed his nonchalant stance of leaning back against the wall as he swirled the drink in his hand.

Alex made a laughing sound at the back of her throat. "Uh, I'm sorry, but last i checked, teenage drama is not my department. Your problems are not my problems. At least not yet. If you keep doing stupid things that could get you killed, then we will have a problem."

Dean spoke up, starting to feel lost in the whole conversation. "So you know she's a witch?"

Damon gave the flannel clad man a confused look. "Yeah."

"And you're good with that?"

Damon gave Alex a look that said, 'What's with this guy?' before answering Dean. "Why wouldn't I be?" His voice carried a tone that was calling Dean an idiot.

Alex sighed, pointing to each person respectively. "Vampire, witch, hunter. Hunters don't get along with witches. Vampires are more likely to accept witches."

Sam and Dean sat up straight at her identifying Damon as a vampire. Damon gave her a look that asked if she was crazy for telling hunters he was a vampire. She knew they weren't dumb. They might be from another world, but she knew Dean's infamous gut would kick in with a hunch at some point and he'd somehow, some way, make the discovery on his own. She felt it better to grab the bull by the horns so to speak.

"So you're just making friends with all the freaks?" Dean asked. And there it was. Alex's eyes snapped to his, an angry fire beginning to stir in them. She felt Damon tense next to her. "I'm a freak, remember?"

Sam spoke up, lifting a hand in an attempt to maintain some peace amongst the group. "Alex, that's not what he meant."

"Yes it is." Alex's eyes stayed pinned on Dean as she answered. Dean rubbed a hand over his mouth, having the decency to look ashamed at what he'd just said. Damon stood up straight, loudly setting his glass on the counter next to Alex's. "I'm sorry, who the hell are you again?" Alex couldn't help the warm feeling in her chest at Damon standing up in her defense. 

The difference in situations between the two hunters and the vampire was ironic. While she had believed the hunters were trustworthy, they'd turned on her. Meanwhile, the supposed monster of a vampire had come to her defense without hesitation and praised her for what she was. She gently grabbed Damon's arm and pulled him back towards her as she introduced the two men by their full name.

Damon gave a light laugh at the names she gave them. His face turned into a questioning scowl when the boys just simply waved with tight grins. "Wait, you're serious?" He turned back to Alex. 

"Yup." 

"But they're not real. They're characters in a book. You're characters in a book."

"I'd say we're pretty friggin' real. Unless you wanna believe you're talking to a couple of hallucinations." Dean took a sip of his drink, enjoying the bite it offered. "We're real, just happen to be on the wrong world right now."

Damon looked at Alex who nodded in confirmation. "So all the times you said you were from another world..." he trailed off.

"Yup. I was telling the truth." She gave a small shrug and smile to the vampire. 

Damon only gave a 'huh' in response before picking up his glass and taking a drink. The look he gave her told her he'd quickly accepted it all. It seemed slightly strange to her to have someone take what she said at face value and not question any of it, or throw it back in her face in judgement.