ten

Annabeth, Vida, and Percy all walked back into the diner

Annabeth, Vida, and Percy all walked back into the diner. the shield in Annabeth's hand, and an pissed off look on Vida's face told Ares everything. Vida hates Ares. Vida thought that 'hate' is a strong word in the dictionary, but thats what she felt for him. Ares put someone she loves in danger, knowing that Percy could have died. Ares knew who Percy was to Vida, more than just a friend. Ares disliked the feeling of someone else being the main priority to his younger sister, so he never told them about the trap.

Annabeth put the rustic gold shield on the table. "where's our ride?" Percy asked as Ares got up and made the four follow him outside. "you're kidding." Ares snapped his fingers and the back of the semi-truck opened. "get in, don't. i really don't care. but in a few hours, this thing is gonna be at the Lotus Casino in Vegas. Hermes hangs out there. you play your cards right and his personal driver can get you to L.A. in minutes. here. clothes. cash. drachmas to summon Hermes. i'd wish you luck, but what good would it do you?" Ares threw the backpack to Percy.

"were not gonna fail." Percy said with confidence. "dont worry. your dad has plenty of kids he stopped caring about once he lost interest. you'll have lots of company." Ares tried to humble Percy but he wouldn't budge. "we're not gonna fail, and im getting pretty tired of you saying it. you think you know who i am, but you don't. and if you aren't careful...you're gonna find out." Percy tried to threaten Ares. Grover tried to stop Percy. "so, thank you for the emotional abuse and the cheeseburgers...and the ride. we're gonna take you up on that, too." Annabeth, and the two boys climbed onto the truck.

Ares looked at Vida, she had rage in her eyes. Ares opened up his arms for her to hug him, only for her to respond with an eye roll and to climb up onto the truck. Percy helped her up by pulling her in. "hey, do you think we could get some paper towels or something, it's not that nice in here." Grover looked around, Ares snapped his fingers and the doors closed. the four looked around at the animals "well...this smells." Percy complained, "if it gets us where we need to go, that's all that matters." Annabeth responded, "assuming Ares was telling the truth." Percy said.

"he wasnt. not entirely, at any rate. he was holding something back." Grover said, "how do you know?" Annabeth asked, "because i think i got it out of him. i know who stole the master bolt." Grover responded.