seven

after the four teens found out that the lady had destroyed the room, they were trying to solve the problem

after the four teens found out that the lady had destroyed the room, they were trying to solve the problem. "no one smashed out the window from inside our cabin. someone shamed them in from the outside." Grover solved, the lady smiled with creepiness. the animal in the cage growled and tried to get free.

"yes, sweetheart. i know. i know. you're impatient. but we're almost there." the lady told the animal that was determined to get free. "this isn't your fault. but sadly, you're going to have to bear the burden of your parents mistakes today." the lady turned around to the kids, "listen, lady. i dont know who you are, but i think i know what you are." Percy said, "a bitch" Vida mumbled, causing Percy to smirk being the only one to hear her.

"we've run across a few monsters like you and we've sent them all packing" Percy continued, "monsters like me? well...of course they're like me. they were my children." the lady scoffed, "who would ever want to have sex with you" Vida mumbled into Percy's hand as he covered her mouth to stop her from getting herself killed. "children? what does that mean?" Percy asked removing his hand from her mouth.

"the mother of monsters." Grover said with frighten. "oh fuck me, echidna" Annabeth and Vida said her name at the same time. the lady chuckled and smiled. the animal in the cage started to get more angry. the lady tried to hush it while Vida looked at her with disgust. "she looks like an unseasoned raisin" Vida whispered to Percy which made him smile brightly but quickly make it fade away as the lady continued talking.

"monster. its an odd word, considering my grandmother is your great-grandmother, and this has always been a family story. but...to my eye, the demigod is the most dangerous creature. disruptive. violent. if i exist for anything, it is to stand in the way of monsters...like you. my little one here. shes just a pup now. bless her heart. today...you will be her prey. are you afraid yet? oh. its all right. fear is natural. its also essential to the hunt. your fear. your doubt. your confusion" the lady taunted as she chuckled and the monster got more angry.

"i needed you to understand what was happening so that she could tract the scent. so that she could learn and grow, because...thats what a good mother does for her children. not that you would know." the lady smirked as Annabeth drew her dagger out and the zipper of the cage opened, Percy slowly interlocks hands with Vida and stares at her and nods for it to be okay.

"you should run now" the lady smiled as the bag opened and the stinger struck Percy in his shoulder. "oh shit" Vida cursed. Annabeth grabbed onto the tail of the creature and stabbed it. "go!" she yelled as Vida and Percy, hand in hand, along with Grover ran out. Annabeth followed and the police started chasing them.

the four ran through the cabin hallways. the train halted. Annabeth chained the door shut so the officers couldnt get through. Grover saw the stinger was still in Percy and he took it out. "what is that?" Percy asked breathing heavily. "its a stinger. Grover, do you know what kind of monster has one of those?" Vida answered in shock.