Prologue

September 14, 2015. Grimstone Asylum, Northern Pack Lands.

The hooded figure gazed up at the Grimstone Asylum, reading the bold letters engraved on the stone slab. The gates were made of iron, topped with spikes, and were several feet high. It was meant to keep people out, but it was also intended to keep others in. The asylum was surrounded by a forest on three sides, while the remaining side faced the road.

It was eerie for anyone who dared to visit the facility. Nonetheless, the hooded figure approached the gates, looking for a way to get inside. They were locked, so the only alternative was to climb over them, but if he did, he'd be caught and sent back where he came from.

Prison.

Ten years.

Plenty of time.

He couldn't go back in there again. It wasn't an option. He had to remain on the outside, for as long as it took.

But how else could he see about the mad alpha? How could he know if he was doing well? Especially after all these years.

Ten long years.

He needed answers.

And this asylum was his only hope.

He had spoken to the mad alpha before. Several times—through the connection they shared. He had heard him beg for help, then for forgiveness, and then for death.

The hooded figure recalled his last conversation with the mad alpha. His jaw clenched and he turned from the gates. He couldn't go inside and look at his alpha, not with all the guards and the security roaming around the gated walls of Grimstone Asylum.

'Stone,'

When he heard his name called upon, he stopped on his track and glanced back at the gates once more. The full moon shone brightly tonight, and Stone swore he heard his alpha calling him from the asylum.

'Alpha,' Stone whispered.

'Where are you?'

'Outside the asylum. Shall I come in?' He was desperate, eager, and even a little bit driven by madness himself. Ten fucking years was a long time. 'I'll kill anyone you want me to. I'll tear this building down to the ground if that's what it takes.'

The clouds began gathering around the asylum and the full moon hid behind them, casting a shadow over the facility. Stone felt a chill running down his spine as he waited patiently for his alpha's response. He didn't care for the consequences if it was a direct command from his alpha.

'No,' The alpha croaked. 'You can't. Neither you nor I have the strength to do that.'

Stone growled. Frustration filled his heart and mind.

'Alpha, tell me. What can I do for you? Tell me and I'll do it. I'll kill all these fucking bastards if that's what it takes.'

'I told you about the girl,' Alpha sounded weaker than Stone remembered. Ten years had changed his alpha. 'Bring her to me.'

It didn't take long for the hooded figure to realize what his alpha was talking about—or who. 'A girl? You're truly gone.'

'Bring her to me. That is all I ask you to do.'

'Yes, Alpha.'

[I hope you guys enjoy the beginning of this story. There's a lot more to come. This is a free story that will be completed, eventually. Updates will be weekly, but you can read ahead on Patreon or Inkitt subscription. Links will be added below, both of these platforms support my writing, however, it's up to you whether you'd like to join or not. Stories will be still provided for free.

There are mature themes and triggers included in the story. Some of them are—explicit sex, rituals, gore, violence, swearing, talks of murders and death, psychological and psychical torture along with some other themes. Please read this book if you're over the age of 18 and understand the implications of engaging with such content. Reader discretion is advised.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: www.inkitt.com/miakerr

Thank you again for choosing to read this book!]