"The next meeting is tomorrow. I will be back -" a feminine voice said, making me stop at the door.

After a few minutes of silence, I decided to enter and saw Zephyr standing in the middle of the room by himself.

Weird.

I heard a female voice, though.

Zephyr sensed my presence in the room and turned to meet my eyes. The look of annoyance was carved on his face.

"Were you with someone?" I asked him.

"Yes." He simply said, and I nodded. If he wanted to tell me who he was with, he would've.

"You're better than me." Cass mumbled.

It's not better, I just didn't want to cause any unnecessary drama. We were just getting steady.

Zephyr and I haven't done anything sexual since the other day, and I won't lie, I've been feeling a bit more needy since the incident, but I kept that to myself.

He's been all over the place recently, sometimes leaving me alone with the workers in the palace to do goddess knows what.

Zephyr took long strides towards me, and I looked up at him through my lashes as he studied my face. His head turned to the side as he sniffed the air.

I pulled my shirt up to my nose and smelt it to see if I was smelling weird because his face was not telling me I smelt good.

"You smell different," he said slowly.

Different?

"I do?" I asked slightly offended. He seemed to have noticed that I was offended, so he said,

"Good different Mizuki-" Oh.

"I do?" I asked again, but this time, my voice was super high-pitched and extra sweet. Zephyr rolled his eyes at me and stepped around me. I whipped around to look at him.

"Go to your room, Lara will be up shortly." He said as he left the room. I stared at the door absentmindedly.

What did he mean Lara will be there shortly?

I wasn't hurt or in news of any medical assistance at the moment.

Deciding to disobey his order, I left the throne room and headed for the back of the kingdom where no guards were stationed. I've been watching the kingdom more attentively after the day Cassius shifted and went into the woods.

I'm still very upset at the fact that he blocked me out, so I have no idea what happened. He did, however, tell me that the wolf that chased us was Zephyr's wolf, Eros.

Was I a little bit sad that I wasn't able to meet my mate's wolf? Of course I was, and as such, I was giving the silent treatment to Cass.

"I said I was sorry."

Ignored.

I wasn't even going to shift, I would walk myself. I had no idea where these woods led to, but they had to go somewhere.

I took a few turns.

Some might say I was foolish right now to not listen to my mate, but after what Mylo told me, I needed to clear my head.

When I was on earth, I never imagined a life with kids, Azura wasn't a fan either, so there was no one to keep that topic alive. Now, the thought of having a child was now the first thing on my mind. Maybe Zephyr didn't want pups. If he were to say that to me, I wonder what the emotion would be in that moment.

Would I be relieved or sad?

It was kind of in my nature to want to have pups and please my mate. Mother told me the duties of an omega, and unlike the ones of my pack, hers were a lot more pleasing.