Chapter 23: The Testament of Celestial Affections

It was as if the stars above were aligned by some celestial design, and everything was wholly right in my world. Astonished at first, then wholly accepting and melting into Lys' embrace, I let his lips explore mine. If I had thought I was thoroughly kissed before, I had never been so wrong. As I sighed, melting wholly into the sensations he provided, Ly decided that innocent kissing wouldn't prove his point adequately. Grabbing my chin, he pulled it down so my mouth opened independently. He possessed it and marked the territory with his tongue, not leaving an inch to be undiscovered. A low, rumbling sound of pure satisfaction vibrated from his chest.

My hands snaked up his chest and anchored behind his neck, allowing the silky, silvery strands to be woven between my fingertips as they danced with the night's breeze. Leaning onto Ly, my body was pressed so firmly against his in a way that nothing could be left to the imagination. With aching slowness, his palms left my face; one found its' anchor on the nape of my neck while the other calmly, teasingly, travelled down to my lower back only to find its anchor on my ass. Lys' fingers left scorching heat as he grabbed me, shooting an arrow of desire through me.

All too soon, Lys' lips left mine, angling his body away while leaning his forehead to mine. His pupils were luminously green, his lids were half-hooded, indicating that I was not the only one who was in trouble of being swept away by a strong current of desire.

"Do you truly believe we can remain friends after this?" Ly exhaled with a gruff voice.

A gasping laugh escaped me, "Maybe terrific and very intimate friends?"

Ly grinned wolfishly wide. His glowing eyes promised that I would promptly choke on those words. Goosebumps erupted on every inch of my skin as I felt the danger in the air surrounding us. He leaned toward my ear while his long fingers grabbed my hair to hold me steady if, by chance, I had a terrible idea of moving away.

"If you have time to talk with that smart mouth," Ly growled, "I am not doing a good job keeping them quiet."

Without a moment to gather my thoughts, Ly yanked my head back and licked my neck with his icy tongue, and then he replaced with his fangs. Lx took his sweet time scraping and nibbling the tender skin and stopped only when I shivered from the top of my head to my littlest toes.

"Nothing to say, Dess?" Ly asked innocently while his lips stretched into a sly smile by my skin. "If there are no objections on the topic, I will assume I am permitted all kinds of things." Making his way up my jawline with kisses, Ly bit the tip of my earlobe.

"I might fetch you—"

My attempt to argue was quickly silenced with a hard, almost feral kiss. I felt Lys' fangs nip at my lips, just hard enough to cause them to bleed.

"Shut up," Ly gently snarled. "It is my turn to make you beg."

Before I could even comprehend the self-entitlement of his words, Ly gave me no choice but to moan as he nibbled on the corner of my lower lip before he licked the ruby droplets with the tip of his tongue.

Tingling and arousing sensations made my muscles clench while my brain thought only of how to get a rush of adrenalin, oxytocin and serotonin into the bloodstream. I didn't wait for Ly; I braced on his shoulders and jumped. He caught me effortlessly; his arms bulged as he gripped my thighs. Hooking my legs around his waist, I pulled on the silky strands of his hair so that his face was turned upwards, wholly exposed to my gaze. As I interrupted our kiss, Ly moaned in protest.

"What was that about begging you?" I laced my smile with provocation. "From here, it seems you're on the verge of saying please."

Chuckling, Lys' eyes darkened with undeniable lust. Then, without a care for my tight grip on his hair, he rammed my lips open with his tongue to prove me wrong. He plundered and took like a barbarian. Enthusiastically, I matched his passion tenfold, allowing myself to express all my feelings of love and desire I didn't dare to confess.