🫧 21 🫧

Neuvillette is pacing in front of his desk - he knows that The Knave has gone to find Furina. Lynette came and told him of her plans two and a half hours ago, and every moment since then, he's been anxiously waiting. Waiting for news, for a whisper, for anything. He hasn't been able to think of anything else since the moment Lynette quietly slipped into the room.
"Neuvillette," Clorinde's voice calls to him. "She's back - The Knave is with Navia right now."
With Navia? Neuvillette frowns. Why is she with Navia? Why didn't she come straight to him? That was part of the agreement. Had she betrayed him?
Neuvillette is quite sure that he's never moved so quickly in his whole life. Clorinde strides along beside him.
"Why is she with Navia?" He asks as they exit the Palais Mermonia.
Clorinde hesitates. "Furina told her to go to Navia."
He frowns, confused. "Furina did?"

Arlecchino talked to Furina? But she has not come to him? Neuvillette turns to face Clorinde - sensing that she knows something. Sensing that she knows more than she's letting on.
"What is it?" He asks as they make their way to the lift to get down to the ground.
"It's nothing," Clorinde says coldly. Neuvillette stops walking, sensing the storm clouds that are about to beginning over Fontaine.
"What do you know?"
Clorinde shakes her head, finally meeting his eye. "I don't know anything," she tells him. "All I know is that she wasn't alone when she arrived."
He can't help but hope that it's Furina, hope that somehow, she managed to rescue her. It wasn't part of the agreement - he'd never said that she had to go in there and bring Furina home, but he can't help but hope that The Knave did so out of the kindness of her dark heart.

In moments, he's flying down to the streets of the Court, not bothering to wait for the lift.
If she's with Navia, then she'll be in the Fleuve Cendre. In a matter of seconds, Neuvillette is walking the empty metal halls of the place, hoping that he somehow will stumble across Furina. He knows it's foolish to be hoping for such a thing, knows that she won't be there... but he knows that now Arlecchino knows exactly where she is. And Neuvillette won't stop until Furina is safe and sound.

Making his way through the underground, he begins to hear Navia's voice. She's standing beside Arlecchino, children huddled around them.
Navia cuts herself off when she makes eye contact with Neuvillette. He does not frequent this area often - and he feels incredibly out of place.
"Where is Furina?" He asks, awaiting a response from The Knave.
"I saw her," a little girl tells him. She's as pale as a ghost, and looks as if she's never been fed a full meal in her life. "She told us a story."
Neuvillette knows that it'll be raining in Fontaine. He can't help it, he's not in the mood to show restraint.
The little girl takes a few steps towards him.
"Furina said that she wasn't gonna leave without us." His brows furrow together at the thought of Furina befriending all of these children, and then making sure that each of them reached safety.
"She promised," another child says.
Neuvillette just nods, looking over at Arlecchino. Navia clears her throat, telling the kids that they were to follow her for the best and most tastiest food they've ever had.
"I could have gotten her out," The Knave tells him. "Lyney assisted me in pulling off quite an act."
"Why didn't you?" He tries to keep breathing, tries to remain calm. "If you could have saved her, why didn't you?" He voice is stiff, he knows that if he were to let himself go, he'd explode.
"Because she looked over at me and made me promise that I'd get the kids out first."
"Why did you listen to her?" He exclaims, his anger becoming evident.
"Because, Neuvillette, she was adamant that she wouldn't come without the kids."
"What has Dottore done to her? Is she alright? Where is she? I'm going to get her right now-"
The Knave scoffs. "You think that you can just go on a rampage?"
"If that is what it takes, then yes. Where is she?"
"He's... he's using her fear of water." Arlecchino tells him quietly.

The comment makes Neuvillette go cold. Cold and livid and determined to make him pay.

"Where is she?" His voice is low, and he's never been more serious about anything before. "Where. Is. Furina."
"Dottore has her Vision - if you're going to get her out, you'll need to get it from him. He's got it on at all times." But she tells him, giving detailed instructions on how to get there.
"You can't go alone," The Knave tells him.
"He won't be alone," Clorinde's voice retorts from behind him.
Clorinde stands there, Wriosthesley at her side. Behind them, stand Zhongli, Nahida, Ei, Venti and several others. Hu Tao stands beside Zhongli, and Jean is with Venti. Yae Miko is behind Ei, and standing back from the crowd is Scaramouche.
Neuvillette is taken aback by the sight of them all standing there.
"He won't be doing it alone," Navia says. "You got the children out, and the Spina de Rosula will begin finding their families. Now it's time to get Furina, and make sure Dottore doesn't go after anyone else's Vision again."