🫧 4 🫧

Furina anxiously bites her nails as Navia drapes a long cloak over her shoulders.
"You're going to have to leave the hat," Navia tells her. "Are you alright with that?"
Furina gently takes off her hat - and Clorinde sets it down an a table.
"Chiori thankfully had this ready and waiting." Navia ties the cloak around Furina and puts the hood up. Only a little bit over her silvery blue hair was peeking through now.
"Isn't this drawing more attention to her?" Clorinde asks, looking Furina up and down.
Navia rolls her eyes, holding Furina's shoulders.
"Try not to talk or laugh on our way back, alright? The Spina di Rosula have sent a boat and it is meeting us right outside." Navia nods, glancing over at Clorinde. "Unless, of course, you have a better idea?"
"How did you plan this in only a few minutes?" Clorinde asks sceptically.
Navia gives a small shrug, staring down at her shoes.
"Neuvillette said something like this would happen."
Furina's face falls. "But... I'm not even the Archon anymore... I... I don't know what else I'm supposed to do." She won't let them see her cry. She won't let her tears fall because she does not want to appear weak.
"It's alright," Clorinde tells her. "We just have to get back to the Palais and we'll sort out our next steps from there."
"Clorinde is right," Navia nods, brushing her hair out of her face. "Just focus on one step at a time, that's what my father always told me." She glances over at the woman with inky hair. It's clear that there is still tension between them, clear that although they made amends, it is still a difficult subject for them both.

Furina is relieved to make it back to solid ground. The entirety of the boat ride, she sat with her eyes closed, trying not to focus on the ocean beneath her. Her hands begin to tremble, and she's sure that she's not going to make it to the Palais Mermonia.
In an attempt to try and get them to stop shaking, she holds her Vision tightly in her hands. Trying to focus on something else - anything other than being on that boat.
Navia and Clorinde are talking between them, but Furina isn't interested in what. She hears Clorinde laughing and something about Wriosthesley - but she does not care.

She finds it hard to comprehend that if Neuvillette had not knocked on her door... she would be dead. Someone would have slipped into her apartment and caught her by surprise. She has not had enough practice with using her newfound powers gifted to her. Who would have found her if they had succeeded? Who would have found her body? Would Fontaine have been sad, or relieved at the death of their former Archon? Why do they want her dead? Who wants her dead? And why did Neuvillette have a plan for this? Did he know someone was out to get her? Was it just a coincidence that he showed up on her doorstep, today of all days?
Furina can't help but let her thoughts run wild.
Navia nudges her gently. "You will just have to come and visit me in Poisson. A lot has changed since you were last there."
Furina nods, forcing herself to smile. Poisson just reminds her of the betrayal that came after.

The boat halts just off shore. Navia stands up, adjusting her skirts. Furina panics, knowing she will lose it if she touches the water. It would only be a few steps, but the thought of it sends shockwaves through her.
"You couldn't have dropped us somewhere a little more practical?" Clorinde retorts, standing and moving to look over the side of the boat.
"Would you rather have been made to swim the whole way here?" Navia scoffs. "Because that's fine by me."
"No, no." Clorinde glances at Furina, who remains seated. She's staring down at the vision that is clasped tightly in her hands.
"I can't..." she breathes, not wanting the two of them to find out about her fears.
"Furina," Neuvillette's voice finds her, and she glances up to see him on the shore. Her eyes find his, pleading him to do something about the water.
"You two go ahead," he motions to Clorinde and Navia. "Meet me in my office." Clorinde nods, practically swinging off the side of the boat. The water is only just above ankle height, but Furina does not care. It is still too much. It is still the water that flooded the city, that killed her people.
Her sacrifice was not enough. She was not enough, and people paid the price.