🫧 6 🫧

"It's done." Neuvillette tells her. She is cursed, immortal once more. He can't meet her eyes. He stands up, pulling away from her touch.
"Neuvillette-"
He shakes his head. "I... I'm so very sorry, Furina." He slips from the room, and Furina clenches her jaw.
She glances down at her hands. She feels no different. She feels exactly the same as she had an hour ago, or six months ago. She doesn't feel stronger, except for the fact that this isn't the sort of curse that is hanging over her head. Neuvillette knows it, she knows it - that it is different this time, for it does not have to be a secret between the two of them. But she does not like the way that Neuvillette has reacted. She does not understand it.
So she stands up, going to find him. She isn't sure if it is her place to go and see him, but she decides that it is important to know if he is okay. Because he does not seem to be alright, and she cares about him too much not to go and find him.

She's about to make her way into the hallway when she hears rain. Someone who does not have a fear of rain might not have heard it, but she could hear it falling onto the roof of the Palais Mermonia. It sends a shiver down her spine, causing her to stop in her tracks.
She pads across the floor to the room that she watched Neuvillette go into, and hovers outside the door.
She knocks lightly on the blue door, and hears him clear his throat.
"It's late, Furina."
Furina just rolls her eyes, before pushing open the door anyway. She knows that she probably shouldn't, but she knows that it is raining in Fontaine and that means that Neuvillette is hurting.

He is sitting hunched over on the bed. He's unbuttoned his shirt, his hair is hanging loosely over his shoulders. He is Neuvillette, yet he is someone entirely new to her. He is vulnerable in a way that she's never seen before.
"It's raining." She speaks gently as she makes her way across the wooden floor. She stands in front of him before gently lifting his chin. He doesn't resist, but seeing him this way makes Furina's heart ache. There are tears running down his cheek, evidence of his inner emotions. The parts of himself that he does not let anyone witness. She gently wipes away a falling tear with her thumb.
"Do not cry on my account, Neuvillette." Furina whispers, softly stroking his cheek and catching his tears with her fingertips. "Certainly not over a silly little thing like a curse." She smiles, hoping to lighten the mood a little.
"You don't understand," he says hoarsely. "I... I cursed you, Furina." He opens his mouth to say something else, but Furina places a finger to his lips.
"Shhh," she tells him softly. "I do understand. I know exactly what I signed up for."
"What if it's another five hundred years of this? What if they never stop coming after you? Trying to get the power that I gifted to you. This is my fault, it is all my fault-" Furina isn't sure why she leans down and presses her lips to his. She doesn't know what compels her to do so, or why he doesn't pull back. His lips are warm, and they are smooth, they taste of sea salt and ocean breeze.
She pulls away, to find him looking up at her, his Atlantis eyes wide.
"I'm sorry," she panics. "I... I don't know why I..." Furina trails off. He takes her hand and brings in to his lips.
"You do not know how long I have wanted to do that." Neuvillette tell her, murmurs the words against her hand.
Furina takes a tiny step closer to him, running a hand down the side of his face.
"It is not your fault." She opens her mouth to speak, but her mind pays attention to the dark circles under his eyes. "But you need rest, Neuvillette. You look exhausted."
He nods. "Keeping you out of trouble is tiring work," he smiles. Furina is just relieved that his tears have stopped. He doesn't let go of her hand. She glances over her shoulder at the door, knowing that she should go back to her room. She doesn't want to be in that dark room, all alone.
"Stay," Neuvillette tells her, as if he can read her thoughts. "If you would like to, that is."
Furina smiles, nodding. She climbs onto the bed beside him, watching as he takes off his boots. She can't get the feeling of his lips against hers out of her head, the taste of them, how gentle they were.