XVIII. What can I do to make you not bored of me

At least now I know why he has something against Josh.

Whatever.

After a few hours, the bus came to a stop and we all got out to stretch. When I passed them, I saw how they were cuddling up to each other and his jacket was on her body.

My fingers curled inward.

Quickly, I rushed out and into the back of the store building. The tears drip down like a waterfall.

It hurts.

So bad.

'No one wants you.'

When I heard some voices, I sank in between the cracks and covered my mouth.

I don't like this feeling, I don't like it at all.

After I calmed down, I quickly wiped my tears and checked myself in the hand mirror. An ugly reflection stares back at me. I inhaled a sharp breath and pulled out my makeup.

When the redness finally disappeared, I went back to the bus to see Hailey outside. "HayHay!" I forced a smile on my face, "Aren't you cold?"

She bounces on her toes, "A little. But, I'm waiting for Josh."

There was a part of me that felt a bit bitter about that statement.

But, it isn't any of my business.

"Oh, well, do you want to go get some cocoa first?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No, it's fine."

"Okay, but don't stay out here too long. My butt is about to freeze." I walked to the drinks station.

When I got there, most of the students already left and returned to the bus. I ordered a cup of hot cocoa to warm myself up.

Ricardo stepped up, "Make that two." He gives the man his card.

I folded my arms and looked away. The longer I stay beside the drink station, the warmer I feel due to the heat. I look forward to seeing Josh and Hailey in an argument. I think.

"Are you still in your mood?" Ricardo asked.

I didn't respond.

"I'm guessing yes."

When the man handed me the drink I grabbed it and walked away with Ricardo a few steps behind me.

We got on the bus and the tension inside seemed worse.

I fucking hate this trip.

By the time we returned to the dorm, I had taken a nice warm shower. After I finished, I got dressed to go get a drink.

"Hey!" Leslie walked up beside me. "How was the trip?"

"You can count me out next year." This is what I get for giving new experiences a try.

"Damn. That bad huh."

I sighed, "Ugh."

I noticed an ambulance in front of the school but didn't think much of it.

"Want to share?"

I grabbed my drink, "Not the sharing type."

Leslie smacked her lips, "Just so you know. Holding it all in is extremely unhealthy."

Leslie caught me up on what happened while we were on the trip. Nothing much happened. Life fucking moves on, and that's what I need, life to move on.

Later, we spot Taniyah and somehow, Leslie sucked her into the conversation.