IX. Anytime spaghetti

Exam season sucks.

Well, at least for the people who care.

"Woah, are you studying?"

Quickly, I closed the textbook, "No," I responded. "Why are you here?" Leslie takes the night shifts at the front desk while front desk while Austin takes the day shift. There are some other people in between too, but I don't remember them.

"My grandmama asked me to bring her something, but are you actually studying?" She tilted her head.

I covered the textbook, "And if I am?"

She raises her hands, "Nothing." She chuckles, "It's just unexpected."

"Look, F are for failures. I'm not a failure." I'm a winner. God best creation.

"I never said you are," she responded. "But, if you never need help, I have old exams you can borrow."

My eyes narrow, "What's the catch?"

She looks around the nearly empty library, "Give me the link to that bracelet."

I glance down at my unicorn bracelet, "There is no link," I said. "It's a one-of-a-kind bracelet."

Leslie exhaled dramatically, "Of course it is. Well, my offer still stands," she said. "Just make my life a bit easier and don't stop sleeping in class."

I attend class, but some of them are boring so I end up sleeping in most of them.

"You and Ricardo are stressing everyone out," she grumbled.

Ricardo also sleeps in class.

"But, while you're here, Mr.Davenson asked for you."

I grunted, "What did I do now?" Something tells me the principal has a thing for me.

She shrugged, "I don't know."

I throw the textbook into my backpack and stomp to the principal office. When I got there, the secretary took off her glasses and exhaled, "Give him a few minutes," she said. "He has guests."

I threw my backpack on the ground and sat down. With my arms crossed, I glared at the office door. Less than five minutes, and it popped open.

"Thank you Mr.Davenson."

"Of course Mrs.Everhart."

Everhart?

My eyes narrowed.

Isn't that Madison's and Mason's mom?

She passed me.

I'm not that familiar with the twin's family. Again, more of my cousin. I hang out with Madison once in a while, but we aren't best friends. Just two people in similar elite social circles.

Mr.Davenson tilted his head inward. When he closed the door, I said: "Maybe we should exchange phone numbers so you'd stop sending people to call for me."

He chuckles, "I'll keep that in mind." He circled to the back of his desk, "You're probably wondering as to why I called you."

"I mean, I haven't hurt anyone and I attended all my classes."

"Correction. You sleep through your classes."

"I'm present, aren't I?"

"How about a proposal?"

"I'm too young to be thinking about marriage," I said.

He exhaled, "You will make up your class attendance by tutoring our red slippers."