Chapter 8

They were down to the last minute and up by one point, Amber wanted to make the shot but she knew she'd just miss.

"Amb!" Adrianna yelled at her. Hell nah I'm not passing to her. She thought, she looked for Kyra and passed the ball to her. Kyra passed it back. Girl what the hell. She had to think quick and passed it to Adrianna she was the closest to the basket, Adrianna faked a right and ran it right down the court. She jumped tossing the ball in and hanging off the rim for a second then dropping to the floor. The crowd went crazy, they ran to her pulling her in a group hug. A tall slim blonde lady holding a microphone wanted to interview her so they pulled her and Amber aside and asked some questions, when they were done they headed to their locker room where everybody else had migrated. Everybody was still thrilled off of their win. Amber went to go set by her locker she unlocked it and grabbed her towel she wrapped it around her neck and
dabbed at the sweat she'd accumulated from the game.

"Man we are unstoppable!" Their coach yelled in excitement which got them even more excited.

"We're getting a trophy this year"

"Hell yeah" Kyra said. "I'm throwing a party tonight and I need everyone to be there" they all cheered. She had been spreading the word about her party at school all week because she knew we would win. People started coming out of the shower and getting dressed. Amber took off her jersey and made sure she was dry before changing her clothes as well.

"Amber your husband is asking for you" one of her teammates Maya said.

"Let him in we're decent" Laura another teammate said.

"You fine with that Amb?"

"Go ahead" Amber answered she had packed all of her things away when she saw her son come bursting in, so did a bunch of other people's significant others.

"Mommy you won!" Zahir jumped into her arms and she caught him, she kissed him all over his face. Lucas wrapped his arms around them and planted a kiss on her lips.

"Congratulations baby we need to celebrate"

"What about my party?" Kyra asked walking over with Daija. "Celebrate there"

"You want to go?" He asked her and she shook her head.

"I can't I don't have anyone to watch Z so I can't but you can go if you want, I know Tiffany is going"

"Nah it's cool. We'll celebrate at home"

"Man y'all gon miss a good party but I understand" She said before walking off. Naya, Tiffany, Jazmine and Sarah walked in the locker room as well.

"You did so good, let's go out for dinner" Lucas said.

"Okay, where should we go?"

"Little Italy?"

"Yes!"

"Mama can I get chicken tenders?"

"Of course baby"

"Congratulations bitch, what we doing?" Naya said hugging Amber, being careful of Zahir on her hip then attacking him with kisses.

"We're going to little Italy"

"Cool let's go" Sarah said. Lucas held out his hand for her bags and then they all headed out the locker room.

Tiffany drove Naya, Sarah and Jazmine so they separated in the parking lot and headed to restaurant.

"You looked great out there baby"

"Thank you, I'm glad you were here I love seeing you all in the bleachers" He reached across to grab her hand.