Chapter 9: LOOT-

3rd POV

Y/N, Stelle, Seele, and Bronya were currently at the borders of Rivet Town. Y/N was asleep, and being carried by Stelle, due to being driven crazy by Seele and Bronya having arguments the entire damn way.

Seele: We're here. This is Rivet Town. *sigh* Everything looks familiar...Come on. We can't see anything down here. Let's get up to higher ground for a better view.

The group goes up to a higher point, and look around the entire town, seeing the empty buildings and streets that were once filled with life.

Seele: Way over there. See that big building? That was Natasha's old orphanage. After Oleg found me, he sent me there. I spent over half my childhood there.

Stelle: Its quite the impressive building...

Seele: Natasha said that it was donated by some old rich dude. Whatever their business was, they must of been a good person. Man, I miss those carefree days.

Bronya looks at the building with furrowed eyebrows.

Seele: What? Got nothing to say?

Bronya: No, it's just...this place seems familiar somehow. Nevermind.

Seele:...Weirdo. Right over there, those spots with all the stalls? That was the market. The stuff Natasha needs is probably there. Let's keep moving. Watch out for monster. And also...

Seele for Stelle to place Y/N down on the ground. She does so, and Seele proceeds to start pinching his cheeks, causing him to suddenly wake up.

Y/N: OW, WHAT THE- SEELE STOP THAT.

Seele: No. This is my revenge over your comment earlier.

This goes on for a couple of minutes, before
Y/N just pulls on his flower neck stems and teleports away from Seele.

Y/N: Ugh...at this point my face is going to be reshaped by all the pinching.

Seele: It's not like you don't deserve it.

Y/N just grumbles, and then proceeds to leap over over the ledge and starts walking through the town, with the rest of the group following him. Ahead of them, they see Fragmentum monsters.

Seele: Careful, enemies up ahead. These aren't vagrants, they won't-

Bronya: Don't treat me like a new recruit. I'm all too familiar with the Fragmentum creatures. Let's get ready to fight!

Two Flamespawn, two Frostspawn, and an Imaginary Weaver blocked their way. Bronya fires a bullet into a Frostspawn, killing it. Seele rushes towards the Imaginary Weaver, dodging a Reverberating Carol, and cleaves the Fragmentum monster in half. Stelle uses her baseball bat to wipe out the two Flamespawn, and Y/N tears the Frostspawn apart with his flower stems.

Seele: Nice and easy. Let's continue our way through.

Along their journey, Seele points out a restaurant.

Seele: Heh, the most famous restaurant in town. Natasha would take out the well-behaved kids for a special meal.

Bronya: So did she ever take you?

Seele: Course not. Do I look like a well-behaved child?

Y/N: She's basically the problem child of Wildfire.

Seele glares at Y/N, who just sticks his tongue out at her, as the group continues to make their way through the town, cutting down any Fragmentum monsters that they come across, and gathering the supplies scattered across the empty town.

Bronya: This place seems to be in good shape...it doesn't look like it's been abandoned for years.

Seele: Now that you mentioned it...it does seem a little...there's no way people are living here, right?