Chapter 6: Old Faces

3rd POV

The group walks into the city, and look around at the bustling city.

Y/N: Ha, this city really hasn't changed at all. Nice to see.

March: It's quite a bit warmer here too!

Gepard: That's because you're in Belebog, the last bastion of Humanity. Many years ago, our cities were at war with enemies from beyond the sky. One day, the Eternal Freeze hit without warning. Belebog became the only one left. The Architects built this city, and now Belebog remains forever warm in the unrelenting cold thanks to their work, and the protection of Qlipoth the Preservation.

Dan Heng: Those creatures outside, those came from a tear in space. A Fragmentum, correct?

Gepard: How did you...yes that's right. We face many threats outside, those monsters included. A shame we're lacking intel...

The group arrives at a massive building.

Gepard: This is Qlipoth Fort, the heart and headquarters of Belebog, where the Architects worked.

Stelle: Who are these Architects?

Y/N: I can answer that. They are considered the saviours of humanity. They never wavered from their choices of construction of the cities defenses, despite the citizens doubts. Clearly it paid off in the end. The fort was named after Qlipoth. They have held off the Eternal Freeze and Fragmentum corrosion ever since. Qlipoth Fort is where the Supreme Guardian stays. They watch over Belebog and make core decisions. The current Supreme Guardian is Cocolia, unless its changed already.

Gepard: Glad to see your history is still sharp. Yes, the current Supreme Guardian is Madame Cocolia. Please be ready to talk, as her time is precious. I've already sent a dispatcher to inform Madame Cocolia of your arrival. Come with me.

Stelle, Dan Heng, March 7th, and Y/N follow Gepard up the steps and through the Fort, eventually arriving in a large room with a desk at the front. In the room, a gray-haired lady stands in the room near the desk, talking to a lady with blonde hair. The gray-haired lady is Bronya, and the one with blonde hair is the Supreme Guardian, Madame Cocolia.

Bronya: ...But its a meaningless sacrifice, how can you-

Cocolia: You may leave Bronya. Visitors have arrived.

Bronya: Yes, mother.

Bronya turns to leave, and looks at the group. Her eyes analyze each person, and eventually landing on Y/N. Her eyes widen, as Y/N gives a small wave, and mouths to her "Meet me at the train station". She recovers, and nods.

Y/N: Oh boy...

Gepard: Madame Guardian, I have brought three outsiders to see you, as well as an old comrade of ours.

Cocolia: The messenger has told me. Well done, Gepard. You may leave.

Gepard leaves, and Cocolia turns her attention to the group

Cocolia: Welcome, visitors from beyond the sky. I am Cocolia Rand, the Supreme Guardian. I would be grateful if you could tell me the reason of your visit. And hello there, Y/N. It is good to see you nice and well. I was not sure if your return would ever come, but clearly my doubts were unfounded.

Y/N: Hehe, it's nice to see you too, Cocolia. And I gotta say, I'm surprised you believed the whole "visitors from beyond the sky" thing.

Cocolia: Haha, no. I do not doubt it. It's quite obvious you are not from this world. The Architects have preserved history well, so I am well aware of your friend's status. While we had lost communication with the stars, I knew of your existence. So, why have you come?