"Why did you buy so much?" I laugh.

"Because I liked it." I rolled my eyes.

"Emily, why are you going out with Zayn?" She surprised me by asking.

"I've already told you why," I say a little to harshly.

"We told you not to get involved with him. We told you that he was dangerous-"

"But you never told me why. Why is he dangerous? Why do you want me to stay away from him?"

"Because he's trouble-"

"That's not enough."

She sighed. "I'm only trying to help."

"No, you're not. You want me to stay away but you won't tell me why. I like Zayn but you won't let me."

She didn't say anything. I sighed and looked around.

There were a lot of people walking around, eating, talking. But I saw a man leaning against the wall with a serious expression on his face. I would've waved it off if he wasn't staring at me.

My eyes widened and I saw another man leaning against the opposite wall, also staring at me.

"Eleanor, we have to go," I said to her as I stood up and brought her up with me. She grabbed all of her bags and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why? Something wrong?"

"No," I lied, "I just remembered that I have an important project that I have to start working on."

She nodded and we started walking out of the mall. I looked behind us but the two men were nowhere to be found.

We got into Eleanor's car and she drove out of the parking lot.

When we got to my house, I grabbed my bags and thanked her before climbing out of the car and going inside.

I went straight up to my room and dumped my bags in front of my closet, then fell on my bed.

My feet ache so I took my shoes off.

I sighed as I reached for my bag and took my homework out. I placed it in front of me and got to work.

I tried to focus on my homework but I couldn't get those two men out of my mind. It reminded me of when Zayn and I were in the woods.

What did they want? I'm just glad I left before I found out.

***

After hours of doing homework, Tyler and I were in the living room surfing the channels for something to watch on TV.

"How are things going with Julie?" I wiggled my eyebrows and smirked.

He laughed. "Great. I asked her to be my girlfriend yesterday and she said yes," he grinned.

"Well look at that, Tyler has a girlfriend. Who knew the day would come?" I teased him.

"Yeah, yeah," he rolled his eyes and I laughed.

Just then the front door opened and dad stumbled into the house. He looked a mess. His hair was all over the place, his white button down shirt wasn't tucked into his pants and it was soaked in the middle.

He slammed the door shut and I saw he had a beer bottle in his tight grip. His eyes were bloodshot.

He stumbled as he walked into the living room. He looked around and brought the beer back up to his lips.

Tyler and I just stared at him cautiously. When dad brought the bottle back down he looked directly at me and glared at me.

"You," he said with venom laced in his voice. "It was all your fault. You killed my wife. You killed Becky!"