And that is exactly what defined me, the past and the hate.

My focus has always remained on other people's past yet when someone asks about mine, I don't recollect a single thing.

"And where actually is jimin?" I question, my tone scaringly monotenous.

"Boss kang kidnapped him" is all tae says before pulling the gate back close, leaving me with a head full of questions.

"What- what do you mean?" I shout, my feet moving by themselves towards the gate which he was busy locking but I don't get any response in return, just a deathly glare to send shivers down my spine.

"Taehyung, I need answers" I insist on making him speak.

"So do I" he mumbles.

Confusedly punching the ragged gate which creates a loud sound in the air, I furrow my brows and watch the male leave, his gait normal like he was returning back home after a regular workday.

"Such a bitch" I heave out a sigh and gently press my thumb down on the injured thigh before aggressively using both my hands to grab on the bars in an attempt to shake it and create some more noise.

This chunk of metal was barely hanging, almost just a frame at this point. It looked like a rotting heap, bowing down, subservient to the elements but still refused to break down even when I applied all my body pressure on it.

Swallowing thickly once I realise that there is literally no hope for me to escape whatsoever, I turn back and slowly limp to sit at a corner of the chamber.

On bare floor, yes.

"Ugh" I scoff, scooting down as my entire body shudders from the sudden contact of the cold ground.

Did dad really kidnap jimin because he couldn't get his hands on me? But...why? I'm only an adopted daughter, a liability. Why is he chasing me so much to the extent where he is ready to kidnap someone? I bet he knows he can go to jail for it.

My stomach shifts uneasily and I notice that the hands that I am hugging myself with are pinching into my skin. I release my hands but then I can't figure out what to do with them, so instead they clasp and unclasp each other as if in constant need of touch and reassurance.

Pulling my knees closer to my chest, I rest my chin there, letting the salty drops of water flow down and wetten my freshly changed pajamas.

I want to know who I am, where I belong from. I'm so tired of being treated like a toy, of getting misplaced every now and then. I want to know my place in the world, know the purpose I serve.

Curling my body more when cold air seeps under walls like the tide on a fridgid desolate beach, I shake in my not so suitable for the current weather attire and observe the spiders scurry in dark corners, their old webs flapping in dusty silence, clinging to the wall with their ghostly fingers.

Steadily moving my gaze down the little strings of web, I notice something white flash behind them and stretch my arm out to grab it at once.

"A paper?" I whisper and unfold it, pushing my back against the wall so I don't end up overworking my injured leg.

The paper namjoon passed last night...it's still here.

Fiddling with it's edges while I read the message over and over again, I sigh in disappointment.

"Your parents didn't die they were killed" and behind it read, "kang jinwoo"

Disappointment because it made sense, because I wasn't ready to believe that the reason my family got destroyed was due to mister kang's strategies.