Chapter 10: "Kick 'em out chicken soup"

"So we're all in agreement, no more eating Chuck's food?" Kelly asked as everyone nodded

It's now lunch time and we're having a meeting in mama P cafe.

"I want to strangle him." Ida commented bitterly

"You can't. That's still Jake's body, and you don't wanna hurt him." Hanna said

"Get hold of your temper Ida. We need to play it smart." Gina said

"Yeah we all have to act normal until we can figure out how to reverse the spell."

"Fine. I'll just try to stay away from him." Ida sighed

"You can't do that Mama P, you have a lunch reservation at Le Grande Falls, it would make him really suspicious if you don't go." I say

"And you did buy him that nice jacket." Darbie adds

"I'm on my way to return it. Luckily I kept the receipt." She pointed at the jacket on the table.

"Please mama P, we need him away so we can figure out how to save Jake." Kelly begged along with hannah.

"And we don't want Chuck cooking for your customers. He could be spelling them." She said in worry.

"And maybe when you're at lunch, you can figure out what his plan is because we're at a loss over here." Darbie said

"Come on mama P, it's just one meal, and you barely need to do anything after that. Please" I said, as nicely as I could. I'm getting slightly annoyed with the old woman.

"It's one very expensive meal. And not to mention the money I'm losing by closing this place for the afternoon." She tried to reason with everyone.

"Well you're not exactly slammed in here.." Darbie said awkwardly as she looked around the restaurant.

"There's no need to put salt in ,y wounds, Darbie" Mama P snapped back at her and was going to say something more but Jake walked in "Speaking of the devil.." She mumbled to herself.

"It's Jake!"
"Hi Jake!"
"Jake, buddy! How's it going'?!"

Kelly, Hannah and Darbie greeted him.They all said it in a weird way too, so i just shook my head disappointed with their acting. I mean, I know I'm not on their side but they could use some acting classes.

"Why are you all acting weird?" He asked

"We're just really excited for you to go to Le Grande Falls today." Kelly made up some excuse as Darbie and Hannah followed along.

"And jealous." Darbie Giggled really weirdly. Short, dark. you know that type of chuckle you do when you force yourself to laugh ab
and can barely do it.

"And we wanted to see you off."

"Well I'm excited, too. thanks again for taking me, Mama P."

"My pleasure. I-I, I got you a present. It's right there." She stammered and mentioned the jacket hanging on the chair. "Only because there's a dress code at La Grande falls."