"A mistake..."

Von POV

Pepper Jackson was like fire. Something that you wanted to be close to but then at the same time quick to burn you if you got too close. I'd know her all my life since the day I'd met her brother at the old Charleston Rec center downtown. I had other friends. A few guys I worked with, some guys from the football and basketball type, dudes I knew from hanging around on the streets but Jamel was my best friend. We'd been through everything together. He was there when my grandma died, he help me get a part time job in construction, helped me practice after my arm healed after my bike accident. Jamel was a blessing that God brought into my life and so was Pepper. She'd been there too. She and Trinity had been around just as much as Jamel and for the longest they were all I had after but that was before I met Aniyah.

Aniyah. I couldn't tell you what she saw in me the first day I met her of my freshman year. I was just a nappy headed little boy who's like his clothes too lose and cared about nothing but getting a paycheck. We weren't poor growing but we didn't have a lot. Grandma did the best she could after my mom disappeared and Pops, my grandfather, passed on. She got sick last year, cancer. I knew she didn't have long and she knew too so she wanted to make sure I was taken care of. They didn't have any other children but my mom so when Grandma passed I was eighteen so I got the house and it's were I've stayed ever since. It's paid for Grandma made sure before she past that the only thing I'd have to pay for was allies and the taxes.

In the same way Pepper was like fire Aniyah was like gravity. She had a smile that everyone wanted to be around and laugh that seemed to be like music to someone's ears. She was glue. She held things together and she fixed what a lot of people considered to be unfixable. She was my everything but...there was always something.

I fell in love with Aniyah becomes she was safe. She was like my Grandma. I loved Aniyah and there wasn't a doubt in my heart but there were days when I looked at Pepper Jackson and lost my mind.

Nights I dreamed about her.

Days when her laugh brought my own smiles

Her touch made my skin feel like I was on fire.

Her kiss made me feel thing's that didn't seem possible.

I'd never been so torn in my life and I tried my best to deny my feelings for her.

It was harder sometimes to deny. That night seemed harder then the others.

I made a mistake.

Yea. 

A mistake.