"Ever heard of knocking ?"

The next afternoon I'm lying in my room staring at ceiling when there's suddenly a knock on my door. Nervously I sit up and approach my door wondering who it could possibly be considering Jamel had football practice and my mom had decided to work another double.

I don't get a chance to reach for the door before Trinity forces her way inside knocking me swiftly on my ass. She gives me an apologetic look as she reaches out to help me to my feet.

"Have you ever heard of knocking" I began rubbing my sore bottom.

"And there's this cool invention called the lock you should try it." She chirps back instantly. I roll my eyes as we both take a seat on my bed. Trinity has her hair pinned on the top of her head and she's in a plain t-shirt and some shorts. There's still traces of sweat on her forehead so I already know she's been at practice.

"How was it ?" I asked as she begins to cuddle one of my pillows tightly to her chest.

"It was awful. Even worse without you but cha know how Ms. Goody Goody always acts."

"That's why I quit. I have no more time to worry or beef with her. She's petty. As far as I'm concerned Aniyah and leave that stick as far up her as she likes."

"Your right. She is childish but you quitting is just what she wanted. You know she doesn't like you but if you change your mind Mrs. Jackson said she's got a uniform waiting for you." She smiles.

"I'll think about it. I promise."

"Now enough about me. What's going on with you Pepper?" Trinity questions as she tosses the pillow aside and gives me a serious look. I sigh as I rub my fingers over my temples.

Don't say it's nothing either because I know you. You're my best friend and I know when something is on your mind. It's the first week of school so I know you're not stressing about grades because even then you don't make anything less than an A and I know it's not about sports because you quit cheering and basketball season hasn't even started yet. So what's going on? What's on your mind Pepper?"

I burry my face into my hands as the first sign of tears begin to well up in my eyes. When my tears finally break Trinity is already wrapping her arms around me and pulling me close to her chest. She rubs my back softly despite to comfort me.

"Pepper don't cry. I don't know what going on but baby girl it's gonna be okay." I shake my head as I try to calm myself and wipe away the tears that run down my cheeks.

"I'm late" I whisper as I stare at her with tear filled eyes. Trinity stares at me confused for a second until I watch her eyes soften at the meaning of my words.

"How late?" She questions.

"Almost 2 weeks."

"Pepper I don't understand. You haven't been with anyone since you and Devin broke up during the summer maybe it's just stress related?"

I shake my head as I think back to a weeks ago before the new school year started. A party that was hosted by one of my brother's teammates and one that I attended with Maya.

"I-The-There was this party when you wait on vacation with your family. I went with Maya we had only planned on staying for a little while. We were supposed to go out somewhere downtown but we had a few drinks and then a few more. I wasn't drunk I swear just buzzed and then I-I-"Trinity oohed and rubbed my back as I struggles to get the words out.

"Take your time Pep." She urged. I took a big deep breath and tried to continue.

"I ended up having sex with someone..."

"Pepper..." Trinity began

"We didn't use a condom."