Chapter 12

I closed the door and walked out quickly which earned me a weird stare from Carlos, but he did not say anything.

'Do you think he will agree" Carlos asked.

"I honestly don't know but I hope he will," I said truthfully.

Before we were out of the door, I heard Sam calling my name. I turned her way with a smile.

"Hey Violet, I was wondering if you are free tonight, it has been long since we hang with each other's" she said hurt evident in her tone.

Guilt ate at me, as I was busy with everything happening around me that I totally forgot about her.

"Actually, I am free right now," I said smiling which made her face light up.

"Okay I will get ready now," she said before running up to get dressed.

"So I guess this is my queue to leave, if you have any news from Xavier call me," he said before leaving.

I sat on their porch waiting for Sam while thinking about the kiss Xavier and I just shared it was the best kiss I ever had but he does not need to know that, fuck I am screwed.

After a while, Sam came, and we headed to the spa for the day to relax and just talk about what we missed in each other's life.

"So how are you and my brother," she asked.

"What about us as far as I know he hates me" I said. 

"ohh V, he doesn't hate you. his brain is just shoved up his ass to see that he loves you and can't live without you" she said rolling her eyes.

"Anyways, so you have a crush on Jacob," I said laughing.

"i see you changing the subject young lady, but I will let you off the hook this time and to answer your question, yes, he is just so yummy, I wish he is my mate, but I guess we have to find out when I turn 18 ugh," she said rolling her eyes.

I just laughed shaking my head and we continued to spend our day together before Sam dropped me at my house and left to hers. I opened my house and went straight to my room.

"Violet" a voice came from behind me which made me scream before I opened the lights to find Xavier sitting on my bed.

"WTF Xavier do you want to give me a heart attack" I snapped at him.

"Watch your tone and you are a werewolf you should have sensed me," he said rolling his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"The kiss was a mistake." He said.

I won't lie I accepted that he would say this, but it still didn't hurt any less but nevertheless I gathered myself before replying.

"You came all the way here to tell me that?" I said dryly.

"No I came to tell you that I will mate with Jenna soon," he said.

I looked at him stunned, is this revenge or does he just hate me, I stood looking at him not sure what should I say, should I be angry or sad, should I convince him to not mate with her or let him get away. Therefore, I said the plainest thing ever.

"Okay" I replied.

"Okay?" he asked.

"We were never gonna work, as much as I wanted us too" I said tears welling up in my eyes before continuing, "you, me, we.. will never happen. We will always end up losing" tears fell on my cheeks.

He kept looking at me not saying a word nor moving from his place, so I continued talking.

"if you want to mate with Jenna, I won't stop you. I just want to know why, why am I not enough and don't give me that bullshit about I am weak and just a kid cuz I know you are certain that I am neither of those" I said.

He kept looking at me for a minute before he pushed past me and slammed the door. I fell on the floor crying, why can't I just be enough. What did I ever do to deserve this?