Tara Kapoor

The smell of medicines... the blue curtains....mingling with the sniffing nose... as Tara Kapoor lay on the bed.. sleeping into eternity, Addya stood still...."Taaraaa,my darlo.. wake up na...still getting your beauty sleep done huh? You know, I haven't gone shopping for ages, who does shopping without Tara Kapoor right?" Addya sniffed as she interwined her hand into Tara's.....Tara Kapoor, the one woman who stood true to her friendship.... Tara and Addya were two polar opposites, Addya was afraid to show her feelings whereas Tara embraced them with open hands, what kept them bounded together was their concept towards life interwoven with faith and friendship, Tara had taken the place of a guardian for Addya, who had already seen enough of the world by 18...

Yet , the fearless warrior lay pale as snow on the bed of Cabin 307 with IV dips and oxygen masks. For the first time in her career, Addya felt suffocated by the smell of medicines. Planting a kiss on her forehead , Addya moved out of the cabin, while the bodyguards saluted her..

Cafeteria....

Addya looked over to the door to check, if Hrithik had been there yet.... Suddenly, a strong pair of arms gave her a side hug...." Hrith yaar, you scared me" Addya grumped as she took a seat . "Areee yaaar, how so I know, the great Addya Malhotra, would be scared by these. Without any reply, Addya quickly intimated him of the incident, earlier this morning. "Addu "you need to be safe dear, it must have been any of the rapists you helped catch earlier. Addya nodded sideways.. "Then??" Hrithik asked , raising his eyebrows."You have heard that the Abhaya case has been opened yesterday," Addya spoke unsure of his reactions. Hrithik's jaws suddenly clenched as he straightened his himself, Addya caught in his eyes, a fire that was soon drowned in the moist love..It didn't take him long to comprehend the sole motive behind the attack..."So that's your reason for shifting to your new flat, I see...no issues...it will be done by today..." Hrithik spoke , fixing his specs...Addya nodded in affirmation. A comfortable silence existed between the two , for a while....

"I saw Tara today this morning" Addya blurted out , the tension and gloom evident in her voice.
"Ahh....huh... yeah... niceee" Hrithik was suddenly caught off guard.. Addya realised he must have been thinking of her...." I don't know whether to lament or laugh on my fate , I love Tara , with all my heart yet, my cowardice failed me, failed as a good lover, however I might grow, the thing will be a silent irony echoing in every corner of my life, I tried protecting her, standing as her shield, yet failed to save her from the final blow they inflicted...I will wait for her until the confession is completed.... trust me Addu, I am trying my best to help, I don't care how long it takes," Hrithik hummed the last line , depicting the unknown wait that lay ahead of him, his love and his work.

Hrithik and Tara were the two star crossed lovers, destined to meet. Their love story was a college romance with their turbulent hearts that threatened to spill itself anytime. Secret messages , love letters, little acts of care , all stood a testimony to their love, not to mention , they had almost adopted Addya as their child. To them, Addya would remain their sister, whom they had vowed to protect at any cost. They even lamented that they hadn't met earlier,else they would have protected her with all her might....

Sighing a long breath, both the individuals returned to their respective floors of work in the hospital...