2.

[2]

- M A L I N A -

- M A L I N A -

"HEY, GET BACK HERE"

The cashier yells as Wyatt grabs my hand and we both run with the cigarettes and drinks we just stole. After I wrote that note to my 'father' and wiped out their files and softwares which was related to the Russian mafia, yes I know their in the mafia, mama told me when I was 10. Kinda shocked me but I didn't the guy so it didn't affect me much.

Mama always told me that I still need to be careful when I'm out considering I'm still his daughter. Personally the man means nothing to me, he's merely a sperm donor whereas my mother, who means the the absolute world to me, meant the absolute world to me. Anyways they're gonna flip when they see everything's gone, I love stirring unnecessary drama.

After all that we got hungry so here we are. Also you might be wondering who Wyatt is, well Wyatt is my best friend. We met when one day I was getting chased by a guy for no reason at all. Okay maybe I stole some money off him but he was rich so it wouldn't have made a difference. Anyways Wyatt was sitting on the sidewalk and he noticed me.

Flashback:

"Need help?" I look down to see a boy around my age. I nod anxiously.

I turn to hear footsteps and shouting and my eyes widen. The boy gets up and pulls me along with him, going through alleyways, side streets and finally we make it to this abandoned cabin. It was cozy, maybe not the cleanest but I can't complain considering I live on the streets.

"This is nice, is it yours?" I ask, "Mmm" he says while nodding. "Thanks for erm, saving me out there", he shrugs "no problem".

It's quiet for a bit and I take a seat on the surprisingly clean couch. "You a street kid?" He suddenly asks.
"Yeah, how could you tell?" I asked curiously. He shrugged "you were running from a rich dude and you wouldn't be here with me if you weren't" true.

We sat in silence for a little bit.
Alright this was getting awkward so I put my hand out, "my names Malina Reyes, I'm 13 years old and I'm an orphan. My mother died from a car wreck when I was 12 so now I've been on the streets for nearly a year. And my favourite colour is purple".

He stared at me, stunned. He slowly raised his hand and gripped onto mine as a small smile grew on his face. "Hey my names Wyatt Evans, I'm 14 years old and I'm not an orphan but my alcoholic father chose getting high over his own son so he kicked me out a few months ago. My mother ran away with some L.A rich guy and now has her own new family and left her old one behind. And my favourite colour is red".

Flashback over.

That's pretty much how we met and we've been inseparable ever since. We take care of each other, we look out for one another considering we're the closest thing to family we have left.

We eventually stopped running and walked back home. Home?, well it's the same one Wyatt had been living in.
We make it back and Wyatt opens the door. The place is somewhat the same but after I had moved in what decided since there was two of us now it was time to clean it up a bit more considering it wasn't just anymore.

Wyatt plops down on the couch and I fall back onto the bean bag chair. We start taking out what we stole from the convenient store guy and start going at them. We took three sandwiches, two Pepsi bottles and two packs of cigarettes and one bottle. As well as some candy.

"Your dad must be losing his shit right now" I tense, "he's not my dad but I agree he's definitely flipping out, if only I was there to see it" I grin.

Wyatt leans forward a little, "do you think there'll ever be anything more than this for us" I shrug "possibly, maybe not now but there will be I can promise you that" he smiles and holds his pinky out, oh God. "We'll do it together though, right Mal?" I giggle and hook my pinky around his, "promise Wy". To that we drink.

It starts to get dark and at this point we're a little tipsy and high on a sugar rush. As well as literally being high. I'm laying on my stomach over the couch and Wyatt's lying on his back on the floor, he oddly finds comfort laying on the ground.

We jolt up when someone starts banging on the door. My head snaps to Wyatt's and he hurriedly gets up and stands infront of me. He holds a finger to his lips telling me to stay quiet which I obviously do.

"Police, open up!" Oh sh-. We stay quiet but suddenly the door knocks down and we see three officers. How the hell did they find us?!.

"Put your hands up" I watch Wyatt's movements and then I copy him as he brings his hands up in surrender. An officer grips my arms and twists it behind my back and I wince."Hey don't touch her like that!" Wyatt yells. Just as he says that a voice speaks up, "you both are under arrest for multiple crimes regarding thievery as well as other minor crimes" we go silent as we get shoved into the back of a police car.

* * *

Right now we're sitting handcuffed for  metal table in the station. They can obviously hear and see us so we don't say anything regarding what we've done since they could use it against us.

It's been an hour now. Suddenly someone unfamiliar walks in and sits down. It's a woman. "You two are clearly very young, like 12".

"15 and 16-" I'm cut off "so we took a dna sample and did a test". My eyes widen. Her gaze turns to me, "your father is willing to take you in" I freeze.

"No" I say. She looks shocked. "No?, why is that?" I start to get a little frustrated. "I don't know the man nor do I want to get to know him so no I'm not going with him". She's about to speak up when the door opens revealing a man in a suit and a slightly younger version of him behind him.

"Malina"

"Father".

•~•

So that's chapter two.
I hope you enjoyed it and comment some ideas.
Thank you for reading.
See you soon my loves.