A Reunion.

CHAPTER 11

Nanon had a plan. The plan was to assassinate The Great Emperor of the North.

That asshole had the balls to be this adorable after messing up royally! He had literally taken Nanon's breath away by just kneeling down and putting his sword in Nanon's feet. It was obviously impossible for Nanon to not forgive him after that.

Ugh.

The problem was that even though the Emperor had apologised, proved his love and affection and most definitely won Nanon's heart, he was hesitant in going back to the kingdom he was thrown out from. As the Emperor's consort and by virtue of the fact that he had at least 30 Omegas in waiting, Nanon knew how gossip travelled in the Chiang Mai Fort. It was obvious that the news of Emperor's Omega getting caught meeting a strange Alpha at night, by the Emperor himself and then getting thrown out of the fort that very night would have made headlines. More than his reputation, Nanon was worried about the acceptance he had worked so hard to earn. As a Southerner that had been quite the task.

It had been 10 days since the Emperor's entourage left but it felt like a century. In his heart Nanon knew he wanted to go back to his husband but it was not that easy.

"Nanon...!"

He turned around to see Gun barging into his room, breathless from his run. Nanon's blood ran cold. This better be good news.

"What's the matter Phi?!" He immediately got out of his bed and walked quickly towards his friend, grabbing his shoulders gently.

"Nanon the Emperor..." Gun broke off into another pant.

No. No. This was not happening. The lord above could not be this cruel.

"The Emperor what Phi?!" The nervous look on Nanon's face gave away his concern.

"The Emperor laid out your drain project in the city of Chiang Mai!." Gun said in one breath.

What?

Nanon let go off Gun and fell into the nearby chair. This was not what he had expected.

"I just got Chimon's letter from Chiang Mai. The Emperor has been working on this ever since he left here. Nanon he is miserable without you and misses you dearly. You must go back." Gun continued to ramble as Nanon was still processing what was happening.

Having grown up in the Krabi and the South generally, an omega involved in inventions and town planning was not just unheard off, rather it was quite scandalous. Yet his stupid, beautiful Alpha had gone ahead stolen his plans and implemented them without a second of hesitation.

"Phi pack my bags."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon arrival in Chiang Mai, Nanon learnt that there was a festival being held at the Pawat Fort to celebrate the gift of running water that their Emperor had bestowed them with. It was an elaborate affair and the entire city was in attendance along with numerous delegates from other parts of the Empire, bearing gifts for their Emperor.

Nanon had made the big decision to go back to his husband bearing in mind that he would have to start from scratch to gain acceptance at the fort and the Empire. It was bound to be a long and drawn out struggle but it would be worth it for love.

The Emperor had shown him that he not only loved Nanon but truly respected him and accepted him with all his quirks. Yes, Nanon was still a little hesitant on the trust aspect but he was sure that they would be able to build it again. He had to take that leap of faith.