Trouble in Paradise

CHAPTER 7

"Nanon, my dear, I do not wish to leave on this provincial tour but duty calls," the Empress told Nanon as she got ready to enter her carriage. Nanon smiled in understanding. He knew how important it was to be connected to the people of the land and learn of their troubles and difficulties. That had been one of the things that Ae had always lacked despite Nanon emphasizing it constantly. He also had the understanding that after the Empress, it would soon be his duty to maintain the personal touch between the Royal family and their people. He was beyond excited that he would get to hear all the stories once the Empress returned.

His bond with his Alpha's mother was developing day by day. He would often get invitations to her tea parties, elaborate lunches and random shopping endeavours. It reminded him of his own mother to a great extent but Araya's carefree attitude had died down long back due to his father's behaviour. Nanon must also mention that her bond with the Emperor was also adorable. Spending time with Davika was always a burst of positive energy for Nanon and he was going to miss her dearly for the next 3 months.

The Empress ran her fingers through his hair affectionately, pulling him out of his thoughts. Nanon bent to touch her feet but was stopped before he could with her warm smile. "May the Lord keep you safe my child," she said to which Nanon replied "May he keep you safe as well Ma! I'll be waiting for you."

Nanon then helped the Empress into her carriage as the attendants called for the Lord to look after their Empress during her journey.

As the carriage left through the gates of the palace, something heavy settled in Nanon 's chest. He told himself that it was just the pain of seeing Ma leave, but, he could not shake the ominous feeling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been 5 days since the Empress's party had left for the provincial tour. Nanon and his party of Omegas was currently in the Royal gardens preparing for a picnic lunch with the Emperor. Ms. Ja stood near the windows, staring at the Southern prince with absolute disgust. This stupid Omega had tried to stand up to him in front of everyone. There was no way that she was going to miss an opportunity to find dirt on him. This was her moment.

She had called for Pete, the meekest of all the Omegas in waiting and ordered him to do a secret routine check in the prince's quarters. Her story was spun around the safety of the empire and the Emperor himself, Pete had no grounds to question her as long as she was clear on where his ultimate allegiance rested. She knew something had to come out of that.

And she was right. Half n' hour later, Pete had turned up with a vial of poison and a letter Nanon had written to someone called Colonel Jimmy. She had struck gold mine.

Ms. Ja blatantly ignored Pete's cries that Nanon had told him himself that he had written the letter before getting married to the Emperor but did not send it. She finally had the opportunity to throw Prince Nanon out of her Empire and she was going to take it. She called for the Emperor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aunt Ja, you sent the page for me? We were just going to start the picnic. Would you like to join us?" Ohm said as he entered the Ms Ja's chambers. She immediately got up and bent low with a sweeping gesture of her hand. The salute to the Emperor, despite Ohm telling her multiple times that she did not need to do it when they were not in court.

The next thing Ohm noticed was the expression on her face. There was a frown on her forehead and the tear tracks on her face were abundantly clear. Who had dared to make his Aunt Ja cry? Ohm growled unconsciously and immediately went to kneel on the floor beside the bed where she was sitting. With a soft expression on his face, he began guessing the reason why she might be upset.