A Blossoming Love?

It had been one week since the marriage, when Ohm returned to the Pawat Fort from Phuket. He did not want to leave the very next day after the wedding, making his Omega feel alone, but the business was unavoidable. Apparently there were rumours that Hydra was rising again and this time within his empire. Ohm had to go to Phuket, to make sure that these were just rumours.

Ohm understood that he had to apologise to Nanon for his behaviour. In his haste to leave, he had not even been able to inform Nanon of his departure. Lord, P'Mix was going to kill him.

He catalogued these thoughts for later as upon his entry Drake informed him that he had a few important matters at the court that he must attend to immediately. This was of course followed by Drake's cheeky smile with a "You can go see your beloved later." While Ohm had smiled at his friends playful comment, he could not bring it in himself to tell Drake that actually Nanon had rejected him on their wedding night. It was clear as day that he was not happy with this union. Ohm had sworn to himself that at least he would give Nanon a happy life here, even if it was devoid of marital bliss. Nanon was under his protection now.

"On your guard! Crowning glory of the Ancient Dynasty of Pawats, Great and Mighty King of the Kings, Emperor of the North, graces this court with his presence." Time to be the Emperor.

Ohm took his place on the golden throne in the court room as hundreds of his courtiers present bowed down to him with a sweeping gesture of their hand.

"Long live the Pawat Emperor Ohm Pawat," said the chamberlain, his call echoed by the other courtiers.

"The honourable Tawan of the House of Vihokratana," it was announced. Tawan, Ohm's finance minister stepped forward.

"Your Majesty," Tawan said, "Due to the battles we've fought there is a danger of recession in our Empire. Prices of all the necessary commodities are on the raise. The effect of this is the most on the common man."

"You bring a good point to notice, P'Tawan," Mix agreed.

This particular subject has been worrying Ohm too. He knew war is taxing on the economy but it was a necessary evil. He decided he needed to discuss the matters with his most trusted courtiers. "This subject requires special attention. Therefore, we will discuss this in my private court," Ohm announced. "Next subject."

"Your Majesty, a few people in the village Nong Khai of have started protesting against the royal crown due to your marriage with the Southern Prince." Said Win Kantachai, his minister of land acquisition. Win was a cold and calculating man. Ohm never had much liking for him but even he couldn't deny that Win was a gifted fighter and a strategist. Ohm had needed somebody exactly like him for matters like land acquisition.

"Silence, Win," roared Earth, head of the army and Minister of Defence. "This isn't the time to discuss family matters. That, we shall do in private."

"No, General Pirapat," Ohm interrupted. Ohm was curious to know what his people thought about his marriage to the Southern Prince. "Let Win speak his mind right now."

Win took another step forward with a sadistic glee in his eyes. "Pardon me, Your Majesty, but these protestors do not believe in your ability to rule. They even went so far as to say that by going through with this marriage, you have brought dishonour to your ancestors and the Pawat Empire. They justify this disobedience by saying such things of you."

With every word that Win spoke, Ohm's blood boiled with rage. "My Lord..." he growled low in his throat. He couldn't believe that his people were spewing disgusting words for his Omega and him. Ohm had always tried to ensure a sensitivity to the Southern culture in his empire. A hatred towards his Omega to this extent was shocking.