The Truth Comes Out

CHAPTER 8

Ohm sighed as the last matter of the court ended and the minister who had come all the from Chon Buri, bowed before the Emperor and left.

The façade he put up every day after Nanon had left was exhausting. He knew he was not doing very well. P'Mix and P' Earth and even Drake, always had that look of concern around him these days. He tried to maintain a brave face even around them, but he knew there was no fooling those three. It was only about to get worse as his mother's arrival was due in a few days. Nanon was gone and his return was impossible and Ohm had to find a way to get over this. Quick.

He dismissed the rest of his attendants mindlessly and decided to take a stroll in the gardens to clear his head.

The halls of the fort seemed emptier than ever. The palaces were no longer beautiful. The pleasure pavilion in the courtyard dug up painful memories. The wind caressed Ohm's skin like a long lost friend offering comfort. But, suddenly the Pawat Fort, the one place Ohm truly considered his home, felt vacant and empty. Comfort was nowhere to be found. All because his Omega had betrayed him.

It was in such weak moments that Ohm almost ordered his attendants to arrange for his departure to the South. Almost.

If there was something Ohm could never forgive, it was betrayal. So, he let his heart ache and told himself that he didn't want Nanon back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nanon on the other hand was beyond angry now. He was just disappointed on how things had went down between him and his Alpha. The least he could have expected from a man that he thought was the kindest, softest and the most reasonable Alpha he had met, was faith. Not even faith, Nanon had just wanted a chance to properly talk to his husband and clear any misunderstandings but he was denied that even. And Nanon had always been firm on one personal policy that there was no need to entertain a situation where he was being denied his dignity. After all that was exactly what the Emperor had done, treated Nanon like he would any commoner.

Maybe Nanon was not disappointed. He was livid.

Sitting in the balcony of one of the highest towers, his stupid brain was still looking for a sign of dust clouding in the distance. The sign of his Alpha returning to apologise and take him back.

P'Gun's eyes were boring holes in his back. He paid them no heed. He was the only one in whom Nanon had confided. But, he wished he hadn't. Now, he looked at him with pitying eyes like he was a child waiting for a dead pet to return. It was obvious that if the news of his final separation with the Emperor of the North got out, got to Ae, he would, without a doubt kill Nanon.

So, Nanon spent his time being coddled by his mother, talking to her about the life at the Pawat Fort while making a genuine effort to smile. She looked quite happy and relieved that Nanon's life there had been good. She had also suspiciously asked Nanon twice or thrice about why and how had he come back, to which Nanon had always replied that it was a bout of homesickness. Nanon couldn't find it in himself to tell her the truth. Instead, he waited on terrace tops, staring into distance, waiting for an entourage that might never come. His mother would also often join him waiting for her son in law, the most powerful Alpha in all of Thailand, to arrive at her doors and give her a chance to host him.

Ae's behaviour towards Nanon had also changed significantly. Where he had always been either invisible in Ae's eyes or a mere irritant, now he was treated like the Omega of the Emperor of Thailand. Ae would often come and sit with Nanon and ask him general questions about his husband. Nanon's security had also been amped up and he was being paraded around with utmost pride in Ae's eyes. As sick as Nanon was of Ae's façade, he selfishly did not want to let it go just yet.