An Unwanted Welcome

CHAPTER 9

It had been a month since Nanon had returned to Krabi. He knew that his impromptu visit had been a pleasant surprise for his mother but he also knew that now she wanted him to go back to his Alpha. There was an underlying suspicion about their marriage not working out.

Nanon knew that she was not wrong. In Krabi, an Omega who returned from their Alpha's house was looked down upon. A short visit was acceptable, yes, but a month was not a short period of time. Moreover, it was not like he was ever going to go back, so he had to take the risk and inform his parents about what had happened. After 3 sleepless nights, Nanon had finally made his decision. He was going to come clean.

His hands shook as he made his way to his father's chambers. There was no use lying now. Ae was sure to kill his useless son, but it was still better to deliver the news himself before he got the information from the Pawat Court.

That was why Nanon's heart froze when he saw a Pawat envoy in his father's chambers, surrounded by other soldiers and servants carrying gift wrapped cartons. This was not happening. Ae was going to kill him.

As he stood there gaping at the sheer amount of gifts before him, his line of thought was broken by a familiar voice calling out to him.

"Oh my dear, Prince how much have I missed you!"

It was P'Mix. Currently he was the one talking to Ae and saw him at the chamber doors. He immediately bowed low with a sweeping gesture of his hand. That seemed to put a pleased look on Ae's face. Then he came forward to embrace Nanon warmly.

"Son, please do come in," Ae said. "I was just about to send a page to collect you." Nanon bowed before his father in a formal gesture that was forced upon him since he was three and then turned to Mix.

"Phi, what are you doing here?" The number of questions running through Nanon's head were uncountable, but that seemed like a good one to start with.

"I brought a word from the Emperor Your Highness, he misses you dearly" said Mix. "He is journeying to Krabi to take you back to Chiang Mai. The palace seems so empty without you"

It was only the years and years of training in proper court etiquette that prevented Nanon from gaping at him.

"He is coming to Krabi?" Nanon asked.

He hoped he didn't sound as incredulous as he felt. Mix, whose face was now hidden from Ae's view, gave him a look which told him to continue his pretence in front of Ae. This man did not need words to understand exactly what was going on. Nanon would be stupid to not follow his advice. Their conversation could continue in private.

"Yes, he is. He shall arrive here on the day after the morrow," Mix answered with a smile.

Nanon's frown deepened, though he ducked his head, feigning shyness, to hide it. Ae looked as if he would burst into flames with joy.

"Did you hear that?! My son in law the Great Alpha himself is coming to visit is! Inform the Queen immediately! This should be the grandest welcome anyone has ever seen!" he exclaimed.

The King then granted him permission to leave saying, "You probably have a lot of preparations to make. Mr. Mixxiw please feel at home and let us know if you require anything else."

The world was probably ending. His husband who had thrown him out of their marital home was coming to take him back and Ae was being welcoming to an Omega. Nanon never thought he would live to see the day. But such was the power of the Great Alpha.

As Nanon left Ae's chambers along with Mix he saw that the palace was already abuzz.

As they were at a safer distance and out of earshot, he turned to him.