Chapter 30

After I spoke with Cain about Lily becoming an omega, he agreed and Lily was let out. We had on of our pack members watch her in case she decides to betray us. I was in my office looking through some more papers that had to me seen to. It wasnt important things but it needed to be delt with. If only there was an easjer way to handle al this security. Wait a minute!

"Did you finally remember the building a wall plan?" Shuri asked.

Why didnt you remind me?

"I wanted you to figure it out on your own. Try to multitask things." She said. I went on my laptop and created a flyer. I needed to see how many agreed to a wall. If this works, it would make things so much easier. I printed it out and ran to find Massey.

I ran outside and found her walking to her house. "Massey!" I called out. She sropped when she spotted me.

"Hey Luna. What can I do for you?" She asked.

"Do you have another suggestion box?" She nodded and we went inside to fetch it. I thanked her and ran to the notive board that was put outside. I got a lot of voting paper and placed it next to the box. I pinned up the flyer and walked away. Now I just had to wait.

I had to take the votes in at the end of the week and count who said yes and who said no. Then tell Cain then we can get started. I was about to walk into my office when Sasha walked towards me with Sage. "Hi baby." I smiled and took Sage.

"She got a little grumpy in her room so we decided to go for a walk." Sasha said. I took Sage feom her and she laid her head down on my shoulder.

"You okay?" I looked at her and she wasnt smiling. "Was she like this earlier?" I asked.

"No. She was grumpy before she fell asleep and before we saw you." Sasha said.

"Maybe you need to go outside." I said and went outside. We walked around and Sage still looked sad. Or should I say emotionless. "Baby whats wrong? Your scaring mommy." I tell her and she stays the same. Cain walked up to us with a smile.

"Hey I was looking for yoh. Sage. What's wrong?" He asked. I started to panic a little. She never acted like this.

"I dont know." I said. Cain took her from me and tried to tickle her but she didnt even smile. "Cain lets take her to Dr. Grey. I dont like this." I said. Cain agreed and he drove us to the hospital. When we got to the hospital we had to wait cause Dr. Grey was busy with another patient. I was pacing wirh Sage in my arms.

"Baby please sit down. Your gonna stress yourself out." Cain said but I didn't listen. The door opened and Dr. Grey walked in.

"Okay. Lets see what's wrong." She said. I place Sage on the bed and she looked at me with her purple eyes. Dr. Grey did a check up and everything came back normal.

"This cant be normal. She isnt even smiling. This is far from normal." Cain said. Sage just looked at me and I stayed quiet. Its like she was trying to read my mind or tell me something.

"Im sorry Alpha but she is fine. Whatever this is, is beyond my knowledge." Dr. Grey said. Sage held her hands out and I picked her up. She laid her head on my shoulder again. I sat on the bed, tears threatening to form in my eyes. Whats wrong with my baby?

Then all of a sudden Sage started crying. I tried to calm her down but it wasnt working. The door opened and Sasha walked in. "Is she okay?" She asked.

"I dont know." I said.

"Let me see her." She took Sage from me and checkes her gums. She lookeda bit shocked. "Impossible." She whispered.

"What is it?" Cain asked.

"Uhm. Werecat babies can shift once they turn a year old. Sage's shift is stsrting now. Her vanhs are starting to come out." She said. I got up to check myself and she was right.

"Why is she shifting early?" I asked.

"It could be because she is a hybrid. Remember she is the first of her kind." Sasha said. "We should take her home. You two should be with her for the next few day. She will want her parents around."

We thanked Dr. Grey for helping and went back home. The car ride was silent and felt long. "This must be painful for her." I said. Cain placed his hand on my knee. Sage fell asleep after she stopped crying.

"We will be there for her. Im not gonna leave her until its over." Cain said.

"Neither will I." I said. When we got back we went to our room. We laid Sage on our bed and layed next to her. Her skin felt hot amd she statted ro sweat. "I think its starting." I said. Cain looked at Sage and she started crying.

"Its okay Sage. It will be over soon." Cain said. Sage's cries turned into small roars. Fur started to grow and her clothes disappeared. Cain and I looked at her fur colour in shock. "What the hell." Cain whispered.

When Sage's shift was complete, we stared at her in shock. Sage had black fur with blue patterns and her eyes were a brighter purple. I smiled at her panther form. "She is so beautiful." I said. Sage purred and walked towards me. I picked her up and she licked my cheek.

"Sage. Why dont you shift back? It will be easier for us." Cain said. She gave a smile and shifted back. When she was back to her human form, she was laughing and clapping her hands.

"Our baby is special." I said and kissed Sage's cheek.