12 - Couple

"Everyone, please give them some space..!" The school staff were all at the school gate trying to interview you and Jeongin, as you both stared at the gates.

"So...you enrolled here too?" You glanced over at Jeongin. He chuckles, nodding. "I did. I want to be next to you either way." You chuckle, flustered, looking away. "We...our engagement ceremony is coming up soon...for the harmony of both our countries."

You glance at him upon hearing the news. "Engagement ceremony...? T-that's fast..." You look down, processing the news. Jeongin grabs your hand gently, looking at you. "You don't have to worry. I'll take good care of you, Leo." You look up, feeling an odd sense of comfort in his words.

As soon as classes ended that afternoon, you were at the campus garden with Jeongin, sitting on a swing with him, as many students took their phones out taking pictures, and many were chattering and whispering while staring at you and him.

"How...how do you feel about being in the centre of attention, Jeongin?" He looks around, playing with your fingers. "I...I grew used to it. After dad became president, this attention...it used to be uncomfortable to me...but now, I'm more at ease."

Jaeun runs up to you and Jeongin, with Jungwon behind her. "Leo...! O-oh, and Jeongin...hi." You smile at Jaeun, watching her get blown away by Jeongin's visuals, as Jungwon grabs her arm and intertwine his hand with hers jealously.

"Jeongin, this is my best friend Jaeun, and her boyfriend, Jungwon." He greets the both of them politely, before Jeongin spoke. "Jungwon, right? I heard you are the Principal's son." Jungwon's eyebrows raise, as he nods. "Yeah, I am."

"Should we go on a double date? Jeongin was just asking if I wanted to bring anyone along to his home, the Presidential Office." Jungwon and Jaeun's eyes widen, as they nod happily.

Jeongin smiled while agreeing to your request, and the varsity boys that walk past the garden seemed to stare hard at you. "I can't believe it..." Heeseung grunts under his breath.

--------------------

It was the National Basketball Competition at school, and you were bringing Jeongin to look around the campus.

"Let's go take a look at the game, can we?" He asks pleadingly, as you couldn't bear to say no, walking into the indoor sports hall with him. Immediately, your eyes caught onto him.

Jeongin watches the ball game intensely, unaware of you looking at someone.

"Bro, she's here." Heeseung hear's a teammate whisper to her, and he looks up, to find you beside Jeongin, looking at him. Heeseung's eyes widen in surprise, before you quickly look away, your eyes darting to Eunji sitting at the player's bench waiting for him. The familiar ache in your chest seemed to reduce, as you look at the other players on the floor.

Heeseung's mood seemed to sour when he watches Jeongin slip his fingers into yours, explaining to you about the game. His game. Your eyes unconsciously went to Heeseung, who seemed to get upset and Jeongin's gesture, playing very aggressively on the court.

Jaeun was on the bench supporting her Jungwon too, and she giggled inwardly after noticing Heeseung's face filled with jealousy. "What's so funny." Eunji snorts. "Your face." Jaeun retorts, rolling her eyes.

The boys soon win the match for the school, and Jeongin claps, impressed. "Let's go...we can go now."
You chuckle at Jeongin, before nodding.

As you left Jeongin to purchase a drink at the vending machine, you notice someone familiar walk up to you. "You came." Heeseung's voice rang throughout the corridor. You scoff, taking your bottle of water that just dispensed, looking away.

"Jeongin wanted to watch, I merely accompanied him." Heeseung scoffs at your words, as he forces you to turn and look at him. You watch his eyes soften, after you jerk away from him.

"Leo-" "Don't call me that. We are over." You tone came out harsh and cold, looking at him. "You...you dumped me when your mother and fiancée trampled on my dignity and status. You're merely crawling back to me after knowing who my parents are." You walk away from him, as your words crack his heart badly.

"I'm sorry." His voice echoed the hallway, as you halt your steps. "I'm so sorry about that day." You walk off, afraid of your heart getting broken even more.

"It was my mistake to love you." You walk away with Jeongin in hand.