5. It's a date......or not

Jungkook shifted nervously on the sidewalk, his eyes scanning the surroundings as he waited for Taehyung.

This wasn't like their usual meetups on campus. He couldn't quite put his finger on why he felt a bit on edge; after all, they had met numerous times on campus. But tonight was different - a first outside the familiar grounds.

He checked the time again. It's been only like ten minutes since he arrived, but he was already feeling a bit restless inside, the anticipation building with every passing second.

The sound of the door creaking open caught Jungkook's attention, and he turned to see Taehyung stepping out with a small apologetic smile.

Jungkook's breath caught in his throat.

Taehyung's usual black attire was replaced by a cream-colored sweater that accentuated his features perfectly. His light blue jeans hugged his legs, and the sun kissed Taehyung's blond hair, casting a soft glow, making him even brighter in the sunlight.

 His light blue jeans hugged his legs, and the sun kissed Taehyung's blond hair, casting a soft glow, making him even brighter in the sunlight

Jungkook couldn't help but stare.

For a moment, he found himself stunned by the unexpected change.

"Sorry for making you wait," Taehyung said quietly as he approached him, his voice breaking Jungkook's trance.

Jungkook quickly attempted to regain his usual poker face, but his mind was still reeling from the sight in front of him.

"It's okay," Jungkook managed to reply, though his voice sounded a little shaky even to his own ears.

"The fireworks will start in two hours, after the sunset" Taehyung looked at the watch. "We will have some time to look around"

Jungkook nodded. As they walked towards the car, Jungkook couldn't shake what had just happened - the unexpected sight of Taehyung in a different light had caught him off guard.

A subtle shift in the air lingered, leaving Jungkook wondering about the unexpected nerves that had crept up on him.

Jungkook's mind was a whirlwind of confusion as he settled into the driver's seat.

The image of Taehyung lingered in his thoughts, a feeling unfamiliar yet oddly exhilarating. He didn't comprehend the sudden rush of emotions, and it left him uneasy.

As Jungkook absentmindedly stared ahead, lost in his contemplation, he failed to notice Taehyung's quiet observation.

Taehyung, seated beside him, carefully analyzed Jungkook's expressions, sensing an unspoken turmoil.

He finally broke the silence, "Shall we go?" Taehyung's voice was soft, pulling Jungkook back to reality.

Jungkook turned to find Taehyung's gaze fixed on him, his expression unreadable.