F O R T Y

I am so, so sorry for what I'm about to do. Stick with me though, I have a plan.

"Nae." I mumbled, feeling her get out of bed in the morning. Usually she would wake me up in the morning, this morning she just slipped out of bed.

"What's up baby?" She asked, turning to me as she put her hair in a ponytail.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

She grinned - she always told me she loved the rasp in my voice when I first wake up in the morning. "Studio." She chuckled.

"Can I go?" I asked hopefully.

"No baby, you can sleep though." She said through her smile.

"What?" I whined.

This was the third time this week that Renee had gone to the studio, and every time she did she left me at home. No matter how many times I asked, or how much I begged, she left me at home.

"I said-"

"I heard what you said." I cut her off, as she sarcastically began repeating herself. "How come I can't come with you?"

"Cause." Renee shrugged. "I said so."

I huffed, knowing I wasn't going to get my way.

"When can I come?" I pouted.

"Whenever I want you to." Renee chuckled. "I'll be home in a few hours baby, just go back to bed."

"Fine." I groaned, rolling over in bed.

"Hey." Renee said, using two fingers to turn my head so I was facing her.

"What?" I sighed.

"I love you." She smiled, connecting our lips in a quick kiss, which lasted just a few seconds before she pulled away.

"I love you too." I said, pulling Toby from Renee's side of the bed and cuddling into him.

With that, Renee left for the studio, and I was on my own at the house.

I was only able to sleep for another hour or so before my body physically couldn't fall back asleep. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already noon. Jesus.

I picked up my phone, quickly turning to the location app, checking to see if Renee was on her way home yet - or at least to see if she made it to the studio safely.

As I scrolled through the list of names, I got increasingly confused - where was Renee? Finally I reached the bottom of the list.

Renee Rapp - No location found

She had turned off her location. Why would she do that? It's one of her biggest rules for me - keep your location turned on at all times - and she was supposed to keep hers on for me too.

Growing worried, I called her phone - No answer.

What was going on? Where could she be?

I tried calling again, once again there was no answer.

Thinking on my toes, I called Alexander.

"Hello?" He said, sounding a little confused. "Parker?"

"Alex." I said. "Where's Renee?"

"Um." He mumbled. "I don't know?"

"What do you mean you don't know? I thought she was with you at the studio."

"No." He said confusedly.

"Shit." I groaned. "You were with her there yesterday though, right?"

"Right." Alexander said. That made me feel a little better. "But I don't know where she's at right now. Maybe try Sabrina."

"Can I ask you a question?" I said softly.

"Of course, anything." Alexander nodded.

"How come Nae hasn't been letting me come with her to the studio?"

"Uh." Alexander paused. "I can't tell you that."

Remember what I said about feeling a little better? Nevermind.

"What do you mean you can't tell me?" I mumbled.

"I can't." Alexander said abruptly. "Nae would kill me. I'm sorry Parker."

"Uh." I let out. "Okay. Bye Alex."

Quickly after I got off the phone with Alex, I called Sabrina.

The phone rang a few times before finally, Sabrina picked up.

"Hey Parker." Sabrina answered excitedly.

"Sab." I mumbled. "Where is Renee?"

"She's at the studio." Sabrina lied.

"I know that's a lie, Sab, where is she?" I asked seriously.

"Fuck." Sabrina muttered under her breath, pausing. "I can't tell you."

"What the fuck do you mean you can't tell me, Sab?" I snapped.

"I mean I can't tell you." She repeated.

I didn't say a word as tears began filling my eyes and rolling down my cheeks. Whatever this was, it wasn't good - at all.

Trying to distract myself, I turned on my phone and opened Instagram. That's when I saw it.

Breaking: Renee Rapp spotted in downtown New York with new girl - is Parker Anderson old news?

The picture was of Renee, out in the street, hugging some girl I've never seen before. She was beaming happy - happier than I've seen her in a long time.

My tears were pouring. My face was flushed. My heart was broken. I wanted to pack up and leave right then, but just on cue, Renee walked through the bedroom door.

"Nae, what the fuck?" I yelled angrily.

"Watch your language." Renee said, her eyebrows raising at me. "What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?!" I seethed. "What's wrong with you?"

"Oh my god I hate you." Renee chuckled. "What are you talking about?" Renee asked confusedly.

"Don't play fucking dumb." I shook my head. "Where were you?"

"I was at the fucking studio." She answered defensively.

"Bullshit." I rolled my eyes. "I called Alexander. You weren't at the studio today, Nae. I know you weren't. I called Alexander."

"Fuck." Renee mumbled. "Parker I can expla-"

"All week long you've not let me come to the studio." I shook my head. "I'm so fucking stupid."

"Park-"

"Then I get on my phone and see a lovey dovey picture of you with some girl I've never seen before." Tears were rolling quickly down my face and I could feel my breathing getting faster and faster. "What the fuck?"

"Sparky-" She started.

"Don't fucking call me that." I shook my head, standing up and grabbing one of Renee's duffels out of the closet and stuffing as many of my clothes into it as I could possibly fit. "I'm done, we're through." I grabbed the picture of Cameron, Renee and I off of the dresser - the one from the state championship, my birthday present. With that, I grabbed my car keys, wallet, and phone, and stormed out of the house.

~

Author's Note:

I am soooo sorry. I'll make it up to y'all later I SWEAR, just stick with me here.

I hope 😵‍💫 you guys 😬 enjoyed 😳 this 🥴 chapter 🤯

Vote, Comment, Share and maybe you guys will get another.

Jaymiesmiley tag, you're it