detention

have you ever seen a middle aged man react to having a abnormally large spitball plop onto his newly bought toupee?

well, you don't want to.

"joshua devine you ignorant son of a-" he sputters, completely taken by surprise by the tuba tidal wave of spit.

josh looks like he's about to barf. probably because if he gets one more detention, his parents have threatened to throw away his keyboard; his only passion in life. i swear though, its like he's addicted to pranks. when will he realize the consequences are often not worth the reward of seeing mr. hines go ballistic over a tuba spit cannon? 

i decide to take the high road here. in other words: bail him out. 

before i can rethink this terrible decision, the words overflow through my mouth.

"it was me!"

and this is the reason why i am going to be in detention for 2 days in a row.

//////////////////////////////////

"now, the rules for detention are simple," crows ms. wilson ( or what i like to call her: satan)

"no talking, no whispering, no reading, no homework, no smiling, no laughing."

i wasn't joking when i said she was satan.

beside me sits the most beautiful girl God ever created. i swear, she is an angel. no wonder ms. wilson hates her.