Chapter 1

"WILL MY DAUGHTER RECOVER SOON, DOCTOR?" the mother's voice trembled with worry, echoing the tender anticipation of the season's renewal outside

With the door left slightly open, she absorbed the muffled conversation between her mother and the physician, their voices merging into a distant melody that intertwined with her restless thoughts. As she yearned for the world lying just beyond her grasp, their words served as a bittersweet reminder of the life she longed to embrace.

As she listened intently, every uttered word seemed to deepen the weight of despair already burdening her spirit. It was as though illness had been her unwelcome companion from the moment she drew her first breath, entwining her fate with the confines of their opulent yet stifling mansion. Despite the towering walls and sprawling grounds, despite the ornate beauty adorning every corner, she felt suffocated, ensnared—a captive within the confines of her fragile body.

Born into opulence as the cherished daughter of a family steeped in wealth, she lacked for nothing in material comforts. Her affluent upbringing provided ample distractions to momentarily alleviate the ache of yearning for experiences beyond her grasp. Yet, no measure of riches could buy her a body unencumbered by illness or bestow upon her the liberty to wander and immerse herself in the splendor of the world outside her gilded confines.

As her mother's conversation with the doctor permeated through the walls, the echoes of their words seemed to resonate, each syllable a poignant reminder of her seclusion, a multiple relentless stab through her chest that causes her to bleed. With a melancholic neutrality veiling her outward beauty, she sat beside her bed in silence, her gaze longing as it remained fixed upon the window. Through the transparent barrier, she observed the unfolding spectacle of spring—a kaleidoscope of blossoms swaying in the gentle breeze, their whispers of promise tantalizingly out of reach. With a heavy heart, she acknowledged that these sensory delights were ones she might never experience firsthand. The tantalizing aroma of freshly baked bread, the gentle caress of a summer breeze, the warmth of a tender embrace—all seemed distant and unattainable, locked away behind the impenetrable barrier of her condition.

As she stood there, surrounded by the musty scent of old books and the light filtering through the windows, she realized that the words in the books she devoured were the closest she would ever come to indulging in the forbidden beauty of dreaming. In those pages lay worlds waiting to be explored, adventures waiting to be embarked upon, and emotions waiting to be felt—all within the safety of her imagination.

In the tranquil sanctuary of her room, she yearned for the touch of spring air upon her skin, envisioning the sun's warmth without the barrier of glass. Each leaf danced in harmony with the wind, a silent testament to the changing season and the freedom it embodied. Despite her confinement, she longed to make friends, to spend time outside, to share laughter, and to discover more of the world. Nevertheless, the soft glow of sunlight filtering through the room offered a gentle embrace, a beacon of comfort amidst her solitude.