14 .·:· Artemis's Canopy

Kaminary, San. 'Tanabata Sky'. unkown.  [Detail] ⋆.ೃ࿔*:·

Words:  1,393

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
four days before the summer solstice

The balmy summer night air was soothing, wrapping her in a blanket of comfort as she drifted into a peaceful slumber. The rustle of leaves and the distant chirping of crickets created a serene ambience that lulled her into a deep sleep. Suddenly, a tapping sound disrupted her slumber, causing her to stir. She ignored it at first, hoping to fall back into the realm of dreams. But the tapping persisted, gradually growing louder and more insistent as if someone was trying to get her attention. With a groan, she reluctantly sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes and peering at the window in the dim moonlight.

To her surprise, outside stood a beaming Luke, his silhouette illuminated by the soft glow of the night. Blinking her sleepy eyes, she tried to focus on his face before pushing her window open. As it opened, she felt a cool breeze waft in, carrying the scent of blooming flowers and she looked at Luke, who stood there, grinning from ear to ear, but all he got in return was a sleepy frown.

"What?" She mumbled.

"Come on," he urged, pushing his face through the window with a mischievous grin.

"Luke," she huffed, her reluctance evident in her tone as she whined.

"Phoebe," he mimicked her tone. "Come on."

"Mmm, fine," she relented with a huff.

Luke teased, "You're so easy to convince, Pheebs." his laughter dancing on the night breeze.

"Hmm," she huffed again, a faint smile tugging at the corner of her lips before she reached for a random camp half-blood sweatshirt that lay on her floor. The fabric enveloped her in its familiar warmth, offering a sense of comfort amidst the nighttime chill.

She climbed over her bed, and Luke reached up and took her hand to help steady her. "Isn't that my jumper?" he teased, a playful twinkle in his eyes as he noticed the familiar garment draped over her frame.

"I don't know what you mean," she replied innocently.

Chuckling, Luke squinted at her. "Sure you don't."

When she landed on the dewy grass he didn't release her hand, instead, he began to speed walk away from her cabin, his excitement palpable. As she was dragged along she couldn't help but notice he was wearing a backpack. She squinted questionably at it, her mind racing with curiosity.

"Where are we going?" she whispered nervously, casting a cautious glance around them. The harpies could come from anywhere, after all. But Luke apparently was paying them no mind, he just continued to pull her along, his enthusiasm contagious.

"The hill overlooking the camp," he replied, his smile unwavering.

"Why?" she sighed.

"Because."

"But it's so late," she huffed.

"You'll like it" he reassured her, his tone filled with excitement. "Trust me."

·. .·゜゜·  ·゜゜··.

When they finally trudged far enough up the hill, his grip on her hand loosened and he finally let go. He reached for his backpack and pulled out a large folded-up blanket. He then spread it out evenly on the grassy slopes, making sure it was free of any debris or bumps. With a proud smile on his face, he looked at her and then back at the blanket, as if to say, 'Ta-da!' The blanket was big enough for both of them to sit comfortably, with plenty of room to spare. It was made of soft material that looked like it would feel smooth against the skin, and it had a cosy, inviting look that made her want to snuggle up and stay awhile. Despite the dewy grass, the blanket remained dry and warm, providing the perfect spot for them to enjoy the view.