6 .·:· Beneath the Storm's Embrace

Velázquez, Diego. 'Rokeby Venus'. 1647-1651. (censored) ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Words:  3,024

.・゜゜・

All the treatments I write about I found online.

So, if I got something wrong please let me know

.・゜゜・

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

ten days before the summer solstice

In the calm of the infirmary, Phoebe found herself growing restless, unwilling to surrender herself to the stillness that had begun to envelop her in Luke's absence. The idea of sitting around idly when she was in the infirmary went against her very nature, especially if she was taking up a bed. So, determined not to be a burden she took charge.

"Who's been here the longest?" her voice rang out, addressing her three siblings. "I can't remember who I scheduled first."

"I have" Sophie replied, raising her hand.

"You're good to leave, I'm going to cover you." Her expression shifted to one of relief, but from across the room, Lee shot Phoebe an exasperated look. He was on the verge of protesting the idea of his patient working, even if she was technically in charge. Seeing this she waved him off, offering a reassuring smile, as her mind began to buzz as she thought of how she would get around the infirmary. Crutches were out of the question since she would need her hands, though a wheelchair seemed a bit excessive it would leave her hands free to help anyone.

"Oh, before you head out, could you grab me a wheelchair?" She called out to Sophie, who nodded. As she waited, Lee approached her.

"Before you say anything, I'm feeling claustrophobic. I hate being stuck in this bed not being able to do anything," Phoebe preemptively defended herself, sensing his complaints. "Plus, I'm here anyway. I might as well be useful."

He grumbled something about her never not being quote on quote 'useful' and how she couldn't always quote on quote 'do everything', but eventually left her alone after she promised not to overdo it. A promise he heavily doubted. Sophie returned, wheeling a wheelchair alongside her and with her assistance, Phoebe settled into it and was handed a clipboard of medical notes for all her new patients.

"Go and enjoy the outside world," Phoebe encouraged, smiling.

"Are you sure?" Sophie began to protest, but Phoebe started to gently shove her out the door. In response, Sophie laughed, surrendering and taking the chance to escape the infirmary.

Now with Sophie out, she smoothly wheeled herself over to the coat hooks and grabbed a doctor's coat, feeling at home in the crisp uniform. Noticing the eerie quietness, she frowned and rolled towards the radio. The radio was a recent addition after years of begging from Phoebe to Chiron, who had clung to his classic record player. He always was stuck in the past. Flipping the switch the air was filled with music, breathing new life into the room.

With her infirmary now humming with a gentle rhythm, Phoebe then turned her attention to her patient list, all full of various injuries and ailments awaiting her attention.

Vomiting over overuse of powers. Both an injured arm and concussion. A closed fracture. A Bloody Nose.

Easy.

The fracture became her immediate focus. Wheeling over to her patient, she read over his case file. Lockie Bennet. Unclaimed and fifteen years old, he had arrived a month and a half ago. No prior injuries and no allergies. Looking up as she approached she met his gaze, his brown hair and freckled face seemed vaguely familiar. She extended her hand in greeting.