Orbisque mortis

Allix opened his eyes and sat up. Small Rays of light filtered in through little gaps in the leaves above. He looked up and sighed. His gaze wandered through the branches and stopped on something that did not resemble a tree. A pair of large, yellow, catlike eyes stared back at him hungrily. The were attached to a wildcat the size of a car. It's fur strikingly resembled the leaves of the tree, effectively camouflaging itself. It bared its long saber teeth.

Allix blinked once. Twice. It looked oddly familiar. The same maroon streaks above its eyes. The purple tipped claws.

Orbisque mortis. Bringer of death. His mother's death.

Allix stood his ground, knowing that if he moved so much as an inch, the cat would pounce. Slowly, it scaled down the side of the tree, all the while not taking its eyes off of Allix. He could hear the long claws scratching the bark as they slid down, making marks in the wood. As it climbed down, the fur rippled and a dark brown hue started to overtake the green, matching the bark.

Allix blinked. The cat hopped down. He blinked again. The cat disappeared. Where did it go? Allix frantically looked all around him, but the feline was nowhere to be found. He started to panic. He knew he wasn't alone. Several minutes passed, and he heard nothing but his own heart quickly beating, his own breathing. He saw nothing but dark trees and leaves.

Allix sighed in relief. That monster must've left, thinking he wasn't good enough game. He picked up his feet and ran off in hope to find Alyssa. He didn't get very far before he heard a sound. Like something fell from one of the trees and landed in the leaves below. Something heavy. He was scared to turn around, but if he didn't then he wouldn't know what was behind him, it could be the monster, ready to pounce.

Allix tensed and slowly turned his body to face the source of the noise. His gaze was pointed upwards, so as to see the eyes of the cat. But he saw nothing.

"Mrow."

Warily, he looked down. Laying on her back in the leaves was a little kitten, slightly resembling the larger cat. Her fur was changing colors and patterns rapidly, not seeming to be able to decide on a color. Allix chuckled. He was afraid of this? A simple kitten? He crouched down and reached out a hand.

A large paw blocked his view. Allix's eyes widened as he realized what he was seeing. He looked up, but made sure to avoid the piercing yellow eyes. This kitten was the kit of the monster. Growls escaped the cat's throat, and Allix jumped backwards.

"Nice Kitty," Allix whimpered, scooting away. "I never meant to hurt your kit... Can't we all just get along here?"

The Orbisque mortis made a sound resembling a laugh as it stalked closer, taking long and efficient strides. Soon, she had Allix backed up against a tree, and she was towering over him menacingly. Slowly, teasingly, she brought her teeth down towards his throat. Two inches from tearing into him, she stopped. Allix, who was hiding behind his hands, peeked between his fingers. The wildcat slowly started to lean left. She gained momentum as she fell and landed with a plop.

Allix hopped up onto his feet and walked over to the dead cat. An arrow was protruding from her ribs. An arrow that bared the markings of his guards.

><><><><><><><

This was a short chapter I know sorry! :P if you want shorter, more frequent chapters, tell me. If you want longer chapters that take a while to update, tell me. I needs to know :)