✦ . ⁺ Emptiness ⁺ . ✦

Start from the beginning

That's all he could think about the entire day.

What had scared her so much? Why did he comfort her? Why did he stay with her when she asked?

His brain hadn't stopped thinking since he woke up that morning.

"Sir," his thoughts were broken when he heard the voice of one of his team managers.

Clearing his throat he asked "yes?"

"We finished the presentation," the manager said awkwardly.

After giving a few suggestions to the team, he walked back to his office and didn't come out for the rest of the day.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"Did you do something to Visesh Bakshi??" Sara shouted as she burst into their room.

Arjun didn't acknowledge her like most of the times she talked to him.

"Did you. Or did you not. Do it?" She asked once again standing right infront of him now.

"Does it matter?" He asked.

"Yes it matters! You had no right to interfere in MY business,"

"I did if a guy threatened to hurt you in my house," he said standing up.

"I was handling it. And why do you care so much about a guy threatening me? This is just a business arrangement, remember,"

"This being a business arrangement doesn't give some low life a right to threaten much less talk to you," he stated looking into her eyes. Their gazes not wavering.

He started moving closer to her, making her move backwards till she hit the same wall as the other night again.

"What's your name?" He asked, with his hands wrapped around her throat.

"Sara,"

"What Is Your Full name?" He asked again, still staring into her brown eyes.

"Sara Arjun Singhania," she whispered.

"Sara Arjun Singhania. You are a part of me, and I won't let some douche threaten a part of me." He said rubbing circles on her neck.

"I am not a part of you,"

"The day you married me, you signed your life away to me. And that same day when you took my name after yours, you became a part of me. And I take care of myself," he stated moving away from her.

Rubbing her neck to soothe the burn from the lingering touch, she said "I can take care of myself. I don't need you to do anything for me just because we're married,"

"I didn't do it for you. I did it for me." He partially lied as he walked out of the room.

As he left, Sara took her first proper breath of air since he had his hand around her throat.

Arjun walked to the garden and sat on the bench.

With the peace and quiet surrounding him, he looked at the moon.

The soft gaze of white light fell on his face, giving his grey eyes a soft shiny glow.

A few minutes later, he heard footsteps coming towards him.

"Sorry. I didn't think anyone would be here. I'll go back," Aarna apologised when she saw him sitting there.

"It's fine. Why don't you come sit?" Arjun offered moving aside and giving her space to sit.

"What brings you here at this time of the night?" He asked not facing her.

"I needed to think,"

"Is it about Viv?" He asked her.