3 | 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ☾ Catnap ˋ°•*⁀➷ 💜

✧・゚: ✧・゚: Trigger warning for extreme depictions of gore, mentions of miscarriage, trauma mentions, :・゚✧:・゚✧

─═★💜⋆⁺₊⋆☽⋆ Chapter 3. Deep Sleep ⋆☾⋆⁺₊⋆💜★═─

(Y/n) hummed as she wandered down the hallway, singing a sort of lullaby tune for the young boy walking with her. She held onto his hand, occasionally glancing down to flash a warm smile and squeeze his hand reassuringly. He had been gone nearly two months due to his accident, not having him the homestead with the other children had been rather daunting for the woman. She never liked to pick favorites amongst the children, they were all special, but Theo was closest to her.

It was an odd relationship to some of her fellow scientists, they didn't understand why she got so close to them, and him. It was against the company policy.
But (Y/n) didn't care, she had never had a child before, she tried several times before though, but unfortunately she'd miscarried. A health problem the doctors told her, and then recommended she didn't try again. In an unfortunate turn, (Y/n)'s husband had left her because of her inability to produce children. She was left with her work at Playtime Co, it was her only escape from the nightmares.

And then Theo came along. He was brought in with a group of other children around his age at the time, around six years old. An orphan like the rest of them, (Y/n) didn't quite know the history of his parents or what had lead to him being brought here, the company didn't care. So she had learned to not ask questions either. But (Y/n) immediately thought of him as hers, he was in need of a mother, and she was longing for a child.

When Theo had first arrived, he was a closed book. He didn't play with the other children at first, for a child, he was a small storm cloud, often acting out even when it wasn't necessary. Clearly a result from whatever past he had. (Y/n) didn't let his outbursts or tantrums push her away, she was patient with him. Showing him love and care no one else ever had or could, she'd taken him under her wing.

Theo had rather quickly fallen into step with (Y/n) and clung to her, he couldn't be a day without her. Or even a few hours. She'd always had to be the one to tuck him in, even as years persisted and he was a ten year old boy. He truly believed she was his mother. Why else would she care for him so deeply? Why else would he feel such a strong bond to the woman?

She refused to let any of the other scientists be present with him when she wasn't around. If these experiments truly were necessary, she'd be the one to do it. She'd hold his hand every step of the way and insure no harm ever came to him. Despite this, poor Theo had managed to escape his room no more than two months ago, he knew better than to play with the Grab packs without super vision but he did. Which lead to him being electrocuted when attempting to open one of the green coded doors.

(Y/n) still didn't know why he did it. In his sleep, in the infirmary, he'd often whisper things like 'he told me to' or 'he's coming for me', which of course was a red flag to her. What was he talking about? Who was 'he'? Perhaps it was the imaginary friend Theo often spoke with and of, (Y/n) knew children often made up things in their head in order to cope with trauma. So it wasn't a completely wild thing. Besides, she'd checked his room up and down a million times, there was no one.

(Y/n) paused briefly outside of the bedroom door, reaching into her labcoat to grab her keys and then unlock the great wood door. She glanced down at Theo again, smile on her face as she gestured with her free hand for him to go inside first. And he did, reluctantly letting go of her hand the young boy rushed into his room and jumped up on the bed. Reaching over already to grab a story book, (Y/n) always read to him; it was his favorite thing before bedtime.

She wandered over and sat on the bed beside him, gently taking the book from his hands. "Time for bed, Theo. We can read a story tomorrow night, okay?"

"Aww! But just one story!" Theo whined and flopped back onto his bed, his head sinking into the pillows with brown locks of disheveled hair falling in front of his face.

"No, no, it is way past your bedtime. Your lucky we didn't get in trouble playing on the swings this late," She chuckled softly, setting the book aside on the nightstand before reaching her hand down to brush away the hair from his face delicately.

Of course, despite her not playing favoritism. She had definitely done so tonight before bringing him back to his room, she had taken him to the play area for some games, he was in the infirmary for so long. He deserved it.

"Aww, okay," Theo pouted and huffed softly, but was still smiling widely up at her. He couldn't wait for tomorrow night. It would give him something to be excited over at least.

"Now, let's get some sleep," (Y/n) whispered softly and pulled the purple blankets out from under him, draping the soft and snuggly fabric over him and tucking it beneath him.

"Can you check under my bed for monsters?" Theo asked quietly, looking up at her as he gripped the blanket and pulled it up to his chin. His eyes pleading with her in a way she couldn't refuse, but (Y/n) knew if he wanted to get over this strange fear, she would need to stop encouraging it.

"There's no monsters under your bed, honey." She whispered softly, stroking his cheek lightly with her fingers before placing a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Goodnight, Theo. I love you."

"Goodnight mama... i love you..." Theo whispered back almost sadly, though the fear in his eyes was slowly fading and growing heavy with exhaustion. (Y/n) knew he'd be fine, he'd get over this monster fear soon. So quietly the scientist stood up and wandered to the door, looking back once to see Theo was already sleeping soundly.

"Sleep tight, little one..."

Part of her wanted to check under the bed, even if he wasn't awake to see her do it. Part of her didn't want to leave his room, she knew things would be different tomorrow. Tonight would be the last tome she heard his sweet little voice calling her 'mama', the last time she could've read him a story was tonight but she hadn't. (Y/n)'s heart swirled with sadness and guilt, she really was losing her child.

But it's what the company wanted, she couldn't protest, then she'd lose him forever. Even if he was to soon be Catnap, she would know it was him, and having him near her was all that ever mattered.

"I love you..." she whispered one last time.

━━━━━━⋆⋅☆ The cat smiles, he sees his prey.☆⋅⋆━━━━━━

(Y/n) was in hell. Otherwise known as this damned factory, surrounded by these psychotic experiments that ran rogue throughout the vast warehouse. It's not like anyone was alive to stop them Afterall, no, this place had been abandoned years ago for reasons (Y/n) wasn't quite aware of. But she didn't think too hard about it, that wasn't the reason she was here again.

She was in search of someone so beloved to her heart, in search of her child. (Y/n) knew the child in question was now some large, plush purple cat. However it didn't stop her, perhaps he'd remember her? She wasn't sure how things had went after the surgery that morning. The night before she had said her final goodbye.

Only to be terminated the same night by the scientist in charge. He claimed she was getting too close to Theo, she would just screw everything that they worked so hard for up. (Y/n) had begged nearly on her hands and knees, pleading for her job, and the right to stay by Theo's side. She was the only one he trusted! She couldn't just disappear out of his life. But unfortunately, due to the surgery, the latter did not believe her services would be required anymore once Theo became Catnap.

(Y/n) hadn't tried to break in or start some god awful legal battle with Playtime Co. She knew better, she would've never won it, this company was a sleaze bag. They knew none of what she spoke of would be relevant in court, not with the contracts and documents she'd signed, not when her scientific handy work was everywhere. If anything she'd incriminate herself. She couldn't save her poor Theo.

That's why she was here, to find him and save him, she only hoped he would remember her. His 'mama'.

But of course, since the minute she walked into this factory nothing had gone to plan. She was thrusted deeper into the factory by all of these things to the point she had gotten lost several times. By the time she knew where she was going, Mommy Long Legs had taken the train codes away from her and forced the scientist to play games. That didn't go well either for (Y/n) or Mommy Long Legs who was now a mutilated corpse in the grinder gears.

Not a totally undeserved death in (Y/n)'s mind. But after the train codes were collected and typed in the order they were supposed to go, the train had chugged along the track steadily. Venturing into the tunnel to freedom, (Y/n) made the mistake of feeling relief as she stood within the locomotive. 

As the train began to speed up, Poppy had suddenly began to talk, something (Y/n) couldn't quite remember, either way though. That nasty little doll had flipped the switch and charted the course to go to the Play care instead of letting you leave through the tunnel.
The last thing she remembered was pulling the emergency breaks and everything went black after that.

(Y/n) had woken up and crawled from the wreckage of the train, holding a hand to her waist which had been impaled by a sharp piece of metal, presumably broken off the train in the spin of things. Though (Y/n) hadn't crawled too far by the time she passed out again, her eyes closing right as purple filled her vision. What was that scent too? 

Was that lavender?

By the time (Y/n) had began to wake up, the bleeding had finally stopped from where the metal shard had stabbed her. Leaving the woman's shirt and hem of her pants soaked in blood, a sticky and uncomfortable feeling.
 Yet it was numb enough at the moment she didn't even look at it as her eyes cracked open, barely peaking open as she tried to come into focus. Everything was spinning and blurry, it wasn't until after (Y/n) began to blink that her awareness came back. The realization that she was being dragged began to set in slowly as she stared up at the ceiling tiles warily. 
The cold tiles scraped against her back, it was clear she didn't have her Grab-pack anymore. That warm sort of burning sensation from the friction beneath her exposed shoulders was beginning to ache too as everything came back into her sensations, slowly but surely coming back all at once. 

The train crash. Right.

After a few more groggy seconds digging through her mind, and clipping her dragging head on the floor a few times too rough. (Y/n) had used all of her strength to pick her head up and look down towards her legs where something was gripping tightly and yanking her along on the floor like a ragdoll.
 (Y/n) gasped in shock, alerting her captor immediately and they let go, dropping her back onto the floor. She'd grunted at the abrupt movements yet made no movements to flee or pick herself up into a sitting position, merely laying on her elbows and staring up at the familiar face. 

"C-catnap?" (Y/n) asked quietly, her voice shaking. 

Catnap didn't register a response, neither verbal or physically, he merely sat down on his hind legs and looked down at (Y/n). One could assume he was contemplating, or trying to remember her face, however those black eyes and equally dark grin sewn on his face did nothing to give away his emotions. Or more importantly, his intentions.
 It made her gut sink, this was what she was here for, but for some reason, this was the last place she wanted to be.

"You..." Catnap's almost static voice spoke up finally, as if a switch in his brain had finally clicked and within a flash Catnap had lunged forward and over top (Y/n). His large yet freakishly boney body pinned over top the scientist, clawed-paws holding her arms down to restrain her frantic struggling. 

"C-catnap! please! it's me! it's (Y/n)!" (Y/n) choked out followed by a groan of pain from his weight being pinned at her arms. Giving her no wiggle room other than her legs and body, though as she began to struggle, a sharp pain shot through her body like electricity. Coming from her waist. 

"I know who you are." Catnap replied coldly with a low growl in the back of his throat, his large grin twitched and strands of saliva dripped down onto the floor, some spots on (Y/n) as he leaned down closer. "Mama." As soon as the words left his mouth, (Y/n) face contorted into shock and awe, besides the obvious horror written on her features. It was overwhelming all at once, but he remembered her! Her baby remembered her.

"Theo! oh my god, I didn't think you'd remember me!" (Y/n) managed to choke out, whilst choking back another pained groan, feeling a lump form in the back of her throat as she took a deep breath and exhaled shakily. "I came here for you, honey! I came back, just like I've always pl-"

"Liar!" Catnap hissed and snarled, swiping his purple paws against (Y/n) and throwing the woman effortlessly against the wall where she cried out in pain. Falling to the floor with a thud and gripping her waist, little tears forming in the corner of her eyes as she looked up towards Catnap. "Theo, please, I'm sorry for leaving. But I didn't have a choice, they-"

"You said you'd always be here with me! You said you would protect me!" Catnap growled once more, his tail swaying back and forth and resembling every bit of the angry cat he was currently, his purple body tensed as his claws dug into the floor with ease. This definitely wasn't what you'd imagined, this definitely wasn't going to plan.

"And I meant it, Theo! Please, let's calm down and talk about things!" (Y/n) pleaded and reached a hand out, as if in a defensive manner while her other hand still gripped her waist. Doing her best to avoid cutting her own fingers on the piece of shard that stuck out of her shirt. 

"I've waited years to talk about things. I am past talking about things." Catnap replied firmly and walked forward on all four paws, his tail still swaying back and forth behind him as if a predator on the prowl. He did have his eyes locked on his prey. And those eyes scared (Y/n) more than anything. "Our time together is over."

"Theo, I love you so much," (Y/n) frantically began to plead even as Catnap had grabbed onto her leg once more, this time biting into it with his sharp fangs that she hadn't even noticed. This wasn't normal! this wasn't the design. Either way, she had cried out in pain to feel his teeth digging into her leg and suddenly dragging her once more on the floor. 
This time Catnap had done nothing to ease the suffering of his prey, not when he was angry, not when he was pushed over the edge after years and years of being lost and alone. 

He didn't need her anymore, he had his God. 
As Catnap dragged her along, the surroundings became much more familiar for (Y/n). This was the playhouse! (Y/n) felt the tears finally rolling down her face as the pain became worse now in several places, the fear in her palpable. She could hear things around her, little pitter patters as if something running across the floor in the shadows,- several little somethings... 

Catnap pushed a door open with his large paw, it creaked open on it's rusted hinges and revealed a worser site. These were cells, why were these here? What were these? All of it didn't seem to pass her mind however. She was mostly questioning why he was bringing her here. 

"Theo,-" 

"Catnap." He replied firmly, abruptly dropping her in the entrance of one of the empty cells, nothing inside besides some shackles against the far wall.

It filled her heart with sadness to not be able to use his name, though she didn't understand why, she decided the safest way to regain his trust was to go by his own rules. "Catnap..." She began slowly as she sat up, grunting as she did so, hands splayed out behind her to steady herself. "What are we doing here...?"

"I told you, our time together is over." Catnap replied and grabbed onto her arms again, yanking the woman backwards and against the wall roughly, another groan and sharp cry passed her lips as it happened. She closed her eyes tightly and tried to push through the pain, though it was impossible, and the fear became far too real as she felt the cold metal shackles being snapped together around her wrists. 
Rendering her completely helpless, her eyes shot open and she struggled, arching her back off of the wall in an attempt to tug her arms forward. A failed attempt.

"Catnap! please!" (Y/n) pleaded as tears streamed down her face, followed with sharp inhales and quick exhales, becoming hysteric. "I never wanted to leave you, but they fired me! what was I supposed to do?!"

"You promised everything would be okay!" Catnap growled and poked one of his claws out of his paw, slowly dragging it down her body but not touching until he reached the piece of metal protruding from her body, pausing. "That night... I believed you. I thought I would wake up the next day, I thought you'd be there.." 

(Y/n)'s eyes widened and she looked down to notice where his claw was resting, she swallowed thickly but didn't speak. Turning her attention back onto Catnap as he continued to speak finally.

"I was looking forward to seeing you again... you said you'd read to me the next bedtime..." Catnap spoke, there was a subtle change in his voice, he was no longer shouting- his voice was still deep, but now it felt as if he was slowly loosing his strong composure as he reminisced that night. The night that had been the hardest night (Y/n) had ever endured. "I always loved when you read story books to me... you would read me my favorites..." 

"Yeah... you always loved those.. I couldn't get you to sleep unless I read to you." You whispered softly through your shaking breath, trying to soothe him and yourself. "Do you remember when we'd play together?"

Catnap's body seemed to slowly begin to ease as he thought about it, taking a very long moment to remember what she was referring to. But as soon as the memory hit him, it was like a sweet wave of memories crashing over him and his head tilted to the side, staring as if dreamily. "I do... you'd let me stay up later than the other kids, just so that we could have the entire playground to ourselves." Catnap murmured. "I always loved the swings..."

"I know you did," (Y/n) murmured softly, a slow smile working it's way onto her lips as she settled back against the wall she was restrained to. "We would play for hours. Sometimes you'd fall asleep right there on the swing, then I would carry you to bed,"

"You did?" Catnap asked as if curious, his eyes finally looked towards her. She could've mistaken his expression for one that was childlike, one that was sweet and innocent. That was her Theo. 

"Mhm, I would cradle you in my arms and carry you right to bed." (Y/n) murmured softly in confirmation, nodding her head as she sighed softly. "I always loved taking care of you, you were... so.. precious to me."
Finally feeling a sense of calm as she stared up at him, fondness in her eyes and suddenly he shifted closer to her, his paw no longer resting over the shrapnel. 

"Could you do that again?" Catnap asked quietly, and (Y/n) seemed puzzled by his question, her eye brow raising in confusion before they furrowed.

"Can I do what, Catnap?" She asked slowly.

"Can you... take care of me again, Mama?" Catnap asked quietly, slowly leaning his large head against her chest, his purple and oddly soft fur tickling her slightly. It was like some sort of miracle, (Y/n) could've swore this was the end of the line for her, but here he was. Trying to cradle himself into her arms all over again. 

"Of course I can take care of you again, honey," She murmured softly and nodded her head, tugging her arms against the restraints before remembering they were there. "Just unlock me, okay? then we can leave this place together. You can come home with me."

"Leave?" Catnap's head shot up to look at her, as if all peace had been interrupted and instead distress fled to his face. "No! I can't leave. He won't let me leave." Catnap stammered and his tone became deeper again,  his tail swishing back and forth again as everything began to come undone again. 

"Catnap, calm down! who is he? why can't you leave?' (Y/n) asked quickly, her eyes widening as she watched Catnap muttering things to himself and shaking his head. Something about- a prototype? what was he on about?

"No, I can't leave this place. You will not leave this place either." Catnap growled darkly and hissed, his presence was cold and no longer relaxed. Before (Y/n) could even respond to make some sense of things, his paw had reached up and slashed downward, tearing the shard of metal out of her body in one swipe.

She screamed out in agony as the metal slid down her flesh, tearing her further open as blood poured from the wound, soaking her already blood dampened clothes rapidly. (Y/n) breathed in and out quickly, once more becoming hysteric as a wave of nausea washed over her. Unable to speak and instead crying out in pain again.

 Catnap merely looked down at her with those big black eyes, as if primal, he enjoyed the scene. 
He reached his claw forward, this time  stabbing into the already parted skin and jutting through the layers of muscle and nerves that laid beneath. He dragged his sharp talon towards her stomach, in a swift motion he slashed through and left a gaping slice mark over her gut, earning another cry of pain and agony.

 She inhaled sharply and tried to breath, but it felt impossible at this point. Her body was going into shock, between rapid blood loss and the pain, the sensations were overwhelming and she could merely sit there and endure it. (Y/n) felt heavy, sagging back against the wall and letting her weight fall, only being held up by the shackles at her waist. "Theo..." she breathed and sobbed out. 

Though he did not reply, he merely stared down at her with this primal gaze. Admiring the blood, admiring the flesh, the way it smelled and probably tasted just as grand. it had been so long since he'd eaten after all.. but Catnap, even then, did not find eating the familiar face to be a compelling urge. Instead, the purple cat had other ideas. 
He began to back out of the cell, slowly and warily, his eyes locked onto hers the entire time as he stepped aside and revealed what was across the short hallway.
Another cell. But this was not empty. 

A severed and obviously deceased Dogday sagged down in shackles, exactly like the ones (Y/n) was bound to. But his body- it was moving, as if breathing. Or something, oh god, something was inside of him! (Y/n)'s eyes did their best to stay open as she stared at the scene unfolding in front of her, though at each passing moment she felt herself become weaker. Blood was now pooling beneath her. 

One by one, as if it were on que, the little broken plush toys of smiling critters began to crawl out of Dogday's body. Some coming from his bottom half which wasn't there, and others crawling out of his mouth and eye sockets. they had completely hollowed him out and were stained in blood. They eagerly began to crawl towards her. Miniature catnaps, dogdays, bobby bearhug, craftycorn... they were all there. And like missiles they were locked onto the fresh blood currently spilled. 

"No! please! Theo!" (Y/n) screamed out in fear, kicking her legs weakly and shoving against the slippery tiles beneath her. In a final attempt to save herself from the inevitable, but she had no where to go.

Catnap merely stared at her through the steel bars of the cage, his eyes locked onto her. He watched as the smiling critters began to maul (Y/n), crawling inside of the open gash of her stomach and beginning to devour her from the inside out. He listened to her screams and wailing, her body twitching and shuddering uncontrollably as blood spilled from her mouth and hooked down her chin and neck. 

He didn't need her, not anymore, it was far too late now to turn back even if he wanted to. He watched as her body began to turn limp and lifeless, only pulsing and shifting from the smiling critters gathering inside of her body like it was a sanctuary. Tearing at her organs and feasting on her hungrily. 

Part of him felt empathy, part of him felt guilt.
But Catnap was no longer Theo. He did not regret what he had done, for he knew the Prototype would be proud. 
So now, he simply watched the act unfold before his black piercing eyes.

"Sleep tight little one."