𝒊 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔

HEATHER DROVE AWAY from her mother pushing the tears away as she left the home she had lived in for the past five years

HEATHER DROVE AWAY from her mother pushing the tears away as she left the home she had lived in for the past five years. And in this moment she didn't hate her mother, she pitied her because she knew what it was like to love someone who likes to hurt you, she knows what it's like to be left behind and wonder why.

Heather hated the realization that had stumbled upon her. She was her mother. Broken, abused, a push over, a waste, and a terrible sense of love.

"What if the Walter's can't take us in?" Luke asked as Heather started the drive out of town and into the deep country.

"Mom gave us some money, I haven't looked but it should be enough to pay for somewhere to stay  until I can figure things out."

Luke nodded. Pulling out his phone Heather watched as he opened their father's contact. Luke and their dad were best friends always going fishing and him taking Luke to football practice. She sighed as he powered his phone off looking out the window.

The rest of the car ride was quiet with the only noise being the radio playing for the drive. And when they pulled into the driveway, the older Walter boys, Jackie and Kathryn and George were already seated on the porch.

Heather turned to see Luke and Lily fast asleep. She took a deep breath before turning the car off and grabbing the package for Kathryn before walking up. It wasn't crazy late but it was far from early either as the stars filled the clear skies.

"My mom called?"

Kathryn nodded, her eyes filled with water and cheeks blotchy. She moved forward and took Heather into her arms, "I'm so sorry Heather. I'm so sorry, I should have known what was happening that something like that would put you mother back, and what that man did to you and her."

"It's really not that big of a deal," Heather said pulling away and handing her the package of letters and money.

Heather looked over at the boys her head titling to the side as she took a deep breath. Her eyes looked at the roof fighting tears. She'd been in this position so much, fighting her feelings but there was always one person who made them come out.

Alex stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. "Don't apologize. We don't know everything that's happened to you but we know that he's not a good person and that you had to step up to take care of your siblings. We also know that Ben doesn't treat you right and I know that you think he loves you but that's not love and even if it were you deserve better."

"I feel like I owe you all an explanation."

"You don't. What you've been through is your story." Danny said.

"Okay. George and the boys are going to get your stuff and those sleeping kids. Luke and Lily already have beds here from all the sleepovers so they'll go there; Lily with Parker and Luke with Jordan and Benji. And I'm hoping it's alright but I've placed you in Jackie's room, we'll build a bed tomorrow and put it in the room but for tonight are the two of you okay to share?" Kathryn asked.