Rain Check

I woke up in my apartment with an excruciating headache. I groaned and rolled onto my side, checking the clock next to my bed.
12:36 AM.
I slowly got out of bed, I put on a tank top and pajama shorts, since it was cold in my room and I had nothing but undergarments on. I was coming back to bed anyways. I walked out to my kitchen to get pills for my head. Right when I opened my kitchen door, I stopped. There was a man in my kitchen, he had long hair with a suit and a metal arm. 

"Hello?" I say and walk towards the man, grabbing the gun from under the counter. The man turned around and ran towards me. I pointed my gun and him and he stopped. He had a mask on that covered his face and goggles that covered his eyes.

"Who are you?" I grit. He kicks the gun out of my hand, runs towards me and tackles me. He put his hands around my throat and I started clawing at his hands but his metal arm was stronger than his flesh arm. 

"You're coming with me, sweetheart." He muffles through his mask. I realize that there's only one place that would help me from his upper hand. I choke and hit my hand on the inside of his flesh elbow as hard as I can, his arm bent and I twisted his arm, he let go of my neck. 

"Get away from me." I breathe heavily. I stare at him for a split second then roll us over and quickly got up. He got up as well, he went to punch me but missed. I punched him in the eye and his goggles cracked. He ripped them off and grabbed me by my neck, he pushed me against a wall and knocked a few things down. He pulled me up and I started clawing at his hand again. I went to kick him in the face but my front door got kicked open and Steve came running in. He turned his head and his eyes widened at what he saw; me getting choked against a wall by an intruder.

3rd Person

Steve ran to the man and tackled him to the ground. Charlotte sank to the floor coughing and holding her neck. She looks over and sees Steve and the man fighting.  

"Steve!" She coughed out. He stopped and looked back at her. Steve got off of him and the man ran and jumped out of Charlotte's window, running down the stairs. Steve went to run after him but he stopped, realizing Charlotte needed him. He looked back at her and his heart shattered, seeing her in pain caused himself pain. 

"Charlotte.." He whispered and looked at her in despair. She faintly smiled and he quickly paced over to her. He put his hand in hers and brought her hands away from her neck. He looked at it and she had a hand mark shaped bruise on her neck. He looked at her wide eyed. 

"I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that date." She tried to smile. 

••

I changed into different cloths, got in my car with Steve and started my car to drive to SHIELD headquarters. I planned on telling Nick about The metal armed guy. I was angry, more than I had ever been. 

"Charlotte," Steve said before I moved the car. I ignored him. "Charlotte!" 

"What?!" I say angrily. 

"Fury's not at SHIELD headquarters.." 

"Then where is he?"

Steve breathed. "Probably at the hospital by now." 

"Why is he in the hospital!? Where was be before then?" 

"In my apartment.." 

I turned and looked at him. "Why is he in your apartment?"

He dipped his head low. "He came to tell me something. Then he got shot, by that guy." I opened my mouth in pain, then quickly closed it. 

"Can we go see him?" I put my hands down and look ahead.