Battle

I was sitting on my bed, leaning against the wall and staring off into nothingness, until I heard a knock at my door. I was sad and thinking right now. I didn't want to talk to anyone about Coulson, it would make me even more sad thinking about it. The knocking gets louder.

"Charlotte, I know you're in there," I hear the familiar voice from the other side of the door. I stay silent. "You let me in or I'll come in by myself." I ignore it again.

The door slightly opens and Steve walks in. I noticed he was wearing his suit. I turn my head back to where I was staring. He walks towards me and pulls a chair close to my bed, to sit on.

"How are you doing?"

"Fine."

"You're not fine Charlotte, you've been sitting here for the past 6 hours."

"Oops." I say without emotion.

"Charlotte Anne Brody. Look at me right now." I look at him.

"How do you know my full name?"

"Nat told me," He chuckled. I blushed. "Why are you blushing?" He teased.

"I don't know. I just like the sound of my name when you say it." I say above a whisper, now he's the one blushing.

"Come on, we need to kick some Loki ass."

••

"Clint," Natasha said, watching him wake up. "You're gonna be alright."

"You know that?" He chuckles. "Is that what you know?" Natasha gets up and pours a drink. "I got.. I got to flush him out."

"You gotta level out, that's gonna take time."

"You don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Take you out and stuff something else back in? You know what it feels like to be unmade?"

Natasha looks at him. "You know that I do."

"Why am I back? How'd you get him out?"

"Cognitive recalibration. I hit you really hard in the head." She sat down on his bed and began undoing his restraints.

"Thanks," He looked at her for a few seconds, while she was helping him out. "Natasha, how many agents--"

"Don't. Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for."

"Loki, he get away?"

"Yeah. Don't suppose you know where?"

Clint shakes his head. "Didn't need to know. Didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soon though, today. "

"We gotta stop him."

"Yeah, who's we?"

"I don't know, whoever's left."

"Well, I.. If I put an arrow through Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep better, I suppose." He took a drink.

"Now you sound like you." She smiles.

"But you don't. You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?"

"He didn't.. I just.." Natasha stops.

"Natasha."

"I've been compromised. I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out."

••

Steve had told me Clint is on the carrier right now, the good Clint. We were headed towards Clint's room currently. I was walking a bit ahead of Steve, him chuckling at my excitement.